KOMATU Hisao Associate Professor, Faculty of Letters Tokai University, 文学部, 助教授 (30138622)
KISAICHI Masatoshi Associate Professor, Institute of Asian Culture Sophia University, アジア文化研究所, 助教授 (80177807)
UMEMURA Hirosi Associate Professor, Faculty of General Arts Rissho University, 教養部, 助教授 (90124289)
GOTO Akira Professor, Institute of Oriental Culture University of Tokyo, 東洋文化研究所, 教授 (50079224)
HAYASHI Kayoko Research Associate, Institute of Oriental Culture University of Tokyo
|Budget Amount *help
¥9,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥9,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1990 : ¥2,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1989 : ¥7,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥7,000,000)
Our research project was organized to carry on the following programme.
1. Research on the structures and situations of Bazars in Islamic Cities.
2. Research on the organizations and habitations of city quarters "Mahalla"
3. On the popular organizations in Islamic Cities.
4. On the hardware of lslamic Cities
5. On behaviors of City Dwellers.
To make research work, we visited the below mentioned cities. Marakesh, Rabat, Fez, Tremsen, Alger, Tunnis, Qairawan, Susa, Istanbul, Iznik, Trabzon, Erzurum, Sivas, Diyarbakr, Mardin, Marazgirt, Amasya, Hotan, Yarkand, Kashgar, Urmuchi.
The fruits of our research are as follows"
1. Understanding of the relations between cities and surrounding areas"
2. Analyzing of the relationship between ecological factors and the situations of the cities.
3. Have a clear sight on Economic relationship of Oasis-City relations.
4. Making maps of City Quarters. Sometimes we used video-cameras to collect informations.
5. Collection of video tapes taken by ourselves on Bazars, Mosks, trades in Bazars.
6. Publication of the book A Comparative Study of the Islamic City Quarters and Popular Organizations
7. The study of digital processing of visual informations.