Grant-in-Aid International Scientific Research
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Tokai University(1990-1991)|
The University of Tokyo(1989)
UYEDA Seiya School of Marine Science and Technology, Tokai University, 海洋学部, 教授 (60011459)
喩 普之 中国科学院, 海洋研究所, 研究員
李 乃〓 中国科学院, 海洋研究所, 助理研究員
秦 蘊珊 中国科学院, 海洋研究所, 所長
NAGAO Toshiyasu Faculty of Science, Kanazawa University, 理学部, 助手 (20183890)
HANDA Shun College of Liberal Arts, Saga University, 教養部, 助教授 (70156529)
KIMURA Masaaki Department of Marine Sciences, University of the Ryukyus, 理学部, 助教授 (20112443)
HAMANO Yozo Dept. of Earth and Planetary Physics, University of Tokyo, 理学部, 教授 (90011709)
YAMANO Makoto Earthquake Research Institute, University of Tokyo, 地震研究所, 助手 (60191368)
SASAI Yoichi Earthquake Research Institute, University of Tokyo, 地震研究所, 助手 (20012924)
UTADA Hisashi Earthquake Research Institute, University of Tokyo, 地震研究所, 助教授 (70134632)
KINOSHITA Hajimu Earthquake Research Institute, University of Tokyo, 地震研究所, 教授 (10110347)
KINOSHITA Masataka School of Marine Science and Technology, Tokai University, 海洋学部, 助手 (50225009)
QIN Yinshan Institute of Oceanology, Academia Sinica
LI Naisheng Institute of Oceanology, Academia Sinica
YU Puzhi Institute of Oceanology, Academia Sinica
秦 〓珊 中国科学院, 海洋研究所, 所長
李 乃腥 中国科学院, 海洋研究所, 助理研究員
〓 雨亭 中国科学院, 海洋研究所, 助理研究員
松林 修 工業技術院, 地質調査所, 主任研究官
安井 正 鶴見大学, 歯学部, 教授 (10200495)
|Project Fiscal Year
1989 – 1991
Completed(Fiscal Year 1991)
|Budget Amount *help
¥9,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥9,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1991 : ¥3,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1990 : ¥3,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1989 : ¥3,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,000,000)
|Keywords||East China Sea / Okinawa Trough / South China Sea / Heat Flow / Bottom Water Temperature Variation / Long-term Temperature Monitoring / Ocean Bottom Electromagnetometer / Electrical Conductivity / 海底水温|
1. We carried out a Japan-China cooperative research program to investigate the thermal structure of the continental shelf area off eastern China. Three research cruises were conducted in the East China Sea in 1990 and 1991.
2. The effect of bottom water temperature variation must be removed to determine heat flow in shallow sea areas, such as the East China Sea.
(1) We tried to measure sediment temperature profiles repeatedly at the same stations using long probes, but could not make measurements on one cruise due to an accident. The data from the other two cruises were analyzed assuming annual bottom water temperature variation. Heat flow was estimated to be around 90 mW/m^2 in the northernmost Okinawa Trough and lower than 50 mW/m^2 off Shanghai. More measurements are necessary for accurate determination.
(2)We deployed a long-term temperature monitoring system on the seafloor to record the bottom water temperature variation, but could not retrieve it due to some fault in the pop-up mechanism.
3. We deployed ocean bottom electromagnetometers off Kyushu to determine the electrical conductivity structure. The instruments did not work properly, but we could obtain some magnetic field data, which indicate that some part of the northern Okinawa Trough has relatively low resistivity.
4. We also tried to determine heat flow using drill holes.
(l) In the East China Sea, we made temperature measurements in shallow holes in one hour after completion of drilling, but the records were too short to be extrapolated to the equilibrium.
(2) At the northern margin of the South China Sea, heat flow could be calculated in deep oil/gas wells from temperature logs and thermal conductivity of core samples.
5. We could identity problems in various methods for heat flow measurements in shallow sea areas, which can be solved in future cooperative studies.