Grant-in-Aid for international Scientific Research
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Shimane University|
KITAGAWA Izumi Shimane Univ. Agr. Fac., Professor, 農学部, 教授 (60032546)
張 克武 中央民族学院, 経済系, 教授
趙 宏慶 寧夏社会科学院, 刊物編集部, 編集主事
張 遠成 寧夏社会科学院, 副院長
陳 心慧 寧夏社会科学院, 経済研究所, 所長
MA Jun Social Sciences Academy of Ningxia President, Vice-Professor, 研究員
ITO Katsuhisa Shimane Univ. Agr. Fac., Assistant Professor, 農学部, 講師 (80159863)
IGUCHI Takashi Shimane Univ. Agr. Fac., Professor, 農学部, 教授 (70032604)
FUJIHARA Tsutomu Shimane Univ. Agr. Fac., Professor, 農学部, 教授 (00023474)
MORITA Manabu Kyoto Culture Junior Collage, Professor, 教授
ZANG Ke-we Central Institute of Nationalities Vice-President Professor
ZHAO Hong-qing Social Sciences Academy of Ningxia, Senior Vice-Editor, Senior Research Fellow
ZHANG Yuan-cheng Social Sciences Academy of Ningxia, Vice-President, Senior Research Fellow
CHEN Xin-hui Social Sciences Academy of Ningxia, Director of the Economy Institute, Associate
|Project Period (FY)
1989 – 1990
Completed(Fiscal Year 1990)
|Budget Amount *help
¥6,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥6,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1990 : ¥3,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1989 : ¥3,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,000,000)
|Keywords||Ning-Xia Hui Autonomous Region / Underdeveloped Area / Regional Exploitation / Primary Industry / Field Mouse Problem / Long-horned Beetle Problem / Village Population Migration / Irrigation|
1. Recently in China, the gap between the regions, the industries and the managements of economic growth are spread by free economy policy especially trial introduction of market principle. Also in China, it become to be a important problem how to exploit of the underdeveloped areas in economy like Japan. The Loessal gully hill area, that is laid in the north-west of China, is very underdeveloped. So the exploitation of this area is a large problem not only to this area itself but also to national level. In our joint research, we had purposed to contribute to the exploitation of underdeveloped area by the comparative study between in the case of Japan and China -- to adapt the results of the studies on depopulation problems in Chugoku mountains district in the past and to survey in the underdeveloped area in China.
2. We had carried out this project following methods.
(1) In the first fiscal year, all Japanese member went to China and collected data and research materials for reference i
n Central Institute of Nationalities. Then we moved to Yin-Chuan of Ning-Xia Hui Autonomous Region. In the meeting with research members of Social Sciences Academy of Ningxia, we discussed about survey areas and methods, and we went into survey area of the Loessal gully hill area in southern part of Ning-Xia Hui Autonomous Region -- Tong-Xin, Hai-Yuan, Xi-Ji and Gu-Yuan prefecture --.
(2) The view points of the survey were as follows. (1) The survey on social and economic structure of the regions. (2) The survey on the realities of industrial structure, especially agriculture, forestry and cattle breeding and village structure. (3) The survey on the change of land uses and working conditions. (4) The survey on the realities and the problems of regional policy and village population migration. (5) The survey on the social and cultural situations.
(3) In the second fiscal year, we invited Chinese members to Japan and surveyed on the realities of regional exploitation problems in depopulat area in Shimane pref. The view points of the survey were same in the survey of China. But in addition to the former points, we attached importance to the economic gap between agriculture and industry that was caused by inviting factory. On the other hand, we surveyed on the realities of village movement problems as a depopulation control policy.
(4) We tried to orientate the way of regional exploitation of the Loessal gully hill area by the analisys that depended on the results of the survey of underdeveloped area in China and depopulation area in Japan. Some parts of the Final results were announced at "Matsue International Congress between Japan and China -- The Silkroad and San-in District -- (21st-22nd, Nov., 1990)" by members of Japan and China. Of course, there are very different conditions of social and economic situations between Japan and the Loessal gully hill area in China. But we think we have many common points about the policy directions on the productivity development of agriculture, forestry and cattle breeding. Especially by the introduction of market principle, added value policy of farm products are increased its importance. We could suggest about some important dirctions to this part. Less