JOHN Wong Associate Professor, Department of Economics, National University of Singapore,, 経済学部(シンガポール), 准教授
SURICHAI Wun チュラロンコーン大学, 政治学部(タイ), 准教授
李 国〓 厦門大学, 南洋研究所(中華人民共和国), 副所長
MAJ Shahari Director, Asia-Pacific Development Center, Malaysia, 所長
GALTUNG Joha ハワイ大学, 平和研究所(アメリカ合衆国), 教授
竹内 隆夫 立命館大学, 国際関係学部, 助教授 (40105747)
吉田 美喜夫 立命館大学, 法学部, 教授 (70148386)
森野 勝好 立命館大学, 国際関係学部, 教授 (80066612)
畑中 和夫 立命館大学, 法学部, 教授 (30066568)
西口 清勝 立命館大学, 経済学部, 教授 (20039465)
斉藤 武 立命館大学, 国際関係学部, 教授 (80066688)
大内 穂 立命館大学, 国際関係学部, 教授 (50223730)
井手 啓二 立命館大学, 経営学部, 教授 (50066718)
真田 是 立命館大学, 産業社会学部, 教授 (30066550)
JOHAN Galtung Professor, Institute of Peace Research, University of Hawaii, USA
TAKEUCHI Takao Associate Professor of International Relations, Ritsumeikan Univ.
YOSHIDA Mikio Professor, Faculty of Law, Ritsumeikan Univ.
MORINO Katsuyoshi Professor, Faculty of International Relations, Ritsumeikan Univ.
HATANAKA Kazuo Professor, Faculty of Law, Ritsumeikan Univ.
NISHIGUCHI Kiyokatsu Professor, Faculty of Economics, Ritsumeikan Univ.
OUCHI Minoru Professor, Faculty of International Relations, Ritsumeikan Univ.
SAITO Takeshi Professor, Faculty of International Relations, Ritsumeikan Univ.
SANADA Naoshi Professor, Faculty of Social Sciences, Ritsumeikan Univ.
IDE Keiji Professor, Faculty of Business Administration, Ritsumeikan Univ.
SURICHAI Wun'gaweo Associate Professor, Faculty of Political Science, Chulalongkorn University, Tha
LI Guoliang Vice-Director, Institute of Nanyang Studies Xiamen Univ., PRC
|Budget Amount *help
¥10,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥10,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1990 : ¥6,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥6,500,000)
Fiscal Year 1989 : ¥3,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,500,000)
1. This research program consists of the following five theses ; (1) the policies of the United States and Japan towards the western Pacific countries. (2) Japanese economic cooperation and direct investments in these countries. (3) economic development, structural changes of traditional societies and the internal migration in these countries. (4) China's entry into "the Asia-Pacific Economic Area". (5) Japanese responsibility in the making of "the Asia-Pacific Economic Area".
2. Last year, we studied theses (1) and (2).
3. This year, we have intended to analzse economic structure of Thailand as thesis (3). The following are the results. (1) Japan's cooperation should apply its financial assistance to an expansion of the manufacturing industry by means of establishing a training institution. (2) The Thai government examines the reformation of the system of social security (unemployment insurance, a minimum wage system ets.) in line with economic development. (3) Speculation in lands is progressing tremendously in the suburbs of cities. On the other hand, rice prices have remained stable at a low level for seral years.
4. We have also sent a research team to China. The main findings are following ; (1) we can recognize great potential of "the Japan Sea Rim Economic Area" because of the heterogeneous and compatible factor endowments. (2) The Chinese govenrment is enthusiastic to go ahead with her open-door policy a shown in a example of Pudang Development Plan of Shanghai. But she neglects the efforts to carry out internal economic reforms. (3) Special Economic Zones located in South China are facing severe constraints now.
5. We have invited Professor John Wong of National University of Singapore to discuss some important issues about Japanese responsibility in the making of "the Asia-Pacific Economic Area". We have a plan to publish a book edited by Professor SEKI Hiroharu on this subject by the end of 1991.