Studies on Amaranthus Culture and Utilization
Grant-in-Aid for Overseas Scientific Survey.
|Section||University-to-University Cooperative Research|
|Research Institution||Iwate University|
HONJO Kazuo Faculty of Agriculture, Iwate University, Professor, 農学部, 教授 (20003759)
宋 嗣宏 吉林農業大学, 講師
徐 永平 吉林農業大学, 講師
趙 蘭坡 吉林農業大学, 副教授
何 紹桓 吉林農業大学, 教授
鄭 経農 吉林農業大学, 教授
渡邉 潔 岩手大学, 農学部, 教授 (90003756)
近藤 富美雄 岩手大学, 農学部, 教授 (60003729)
村上 大蔵 岩手大学, 農学部, 教授 (00003731)
晴山 信一 岩手大学, 農学部, 教授 (00003723)
SOU Shikou Jilin Agriculture University, Lecturer
DYO Eihei Jilin Agriculture University, Lecturer
CHOU Lanpa Jilin Agriculture University, Assistant Professor
KA Syoukan Jilin Agriculture University, Professor
TEI Keinou Jilin Agriculture University, Professor
KONDO Fumio Faculty of Agriculture, Iwate University, Professor
WATANABE Kiyoshi Faculty of Agriculture, Iwate University, Professor
HAREYAMA Shin-ichi Faculty of Agriculture, Iwate University, Professor
MURAKAMI Daizo Faculty of Agriculture, Iwate University, Professor
|Project Fiscal Year
1989 – 1990
Completed(Fiscal Year 1990)
|Budget Amount *help
¥3,800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,800,000)
Fiscal Year 1990 : ¥1,900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,900,000)
Fiscal Year 1989 : ¥1,900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,900,000)
|Keywords||Amaranthus / Culture / Dry matter production / Forage dcrop / Protein / Feeding value / Amaranthus silage / アマランサス / 栽培 / 乾物生産 / 飼料作物 / 蛋白質 / 飼料価 / アマランサスサイレ-ジ|
1. Cultivation experiments of Amaranthus Hypochondricus ; Using one line of Amaranthus Hypochondricus the following cultivation experiments were conducted for getting the informations on the sowing density, sowing time and amount of fertilizer applied. The grain weight was highly correlated with thee weight of ear (r=0.986). The grain yield were the range from 240 to 320 Kg/10a.
2. Characteristics of dry matter production ; The dry matter yield at the harvest time was 1,426 Kg/10a, about 90% of rice plants. Because Amaranthus Hypochondricus which had larger leaves and were taller in the plant height, begun the mutual shading from the early growth stage and deforiated the lower leaves, the leaf area index was smaller than rice plants. However, the net assimilation rate (NAR) was larger than those.
3. Feeding value of leaves, stems and seeds ; The digestibility of Amaranthus silage was measured by acid insoluble ash indicator method. Digestion coefficients of crude protein, ether extract, nitrogen-free extract and crude fiber were 71.4%, 48.2%, 65.6% and 59.0%, respectively. Digestible crude protein and total digestible nutrients of the silage were 1.4% and 7.4%, and its nutritive ratio was rather narrow (4.3).
4. Nutritional and food properties of grain Amaranthus ; The crude protein content was 16.3% dry matter. The amino acid score was 84 and threonine was found to be the limiting amino acid. The total lipid content was 6% and has a high level of unsaturation, containing almost 36.5% linoleic acid.
5. The Amaranthus silage was fed to 2 heifers for 3 weeks. Although the heifers had little taste for this silage at first, they ate all the silage at the 5th day after the increasing mixture of the silage with the hay. At the end of the feeding, the heifers showed on change in general clinical findings, blood and urine properties, liver function, and pH and protozoa in the rumen.
Research Output (2results)