Basic Research on Biological Monitoring of Industrial Chemicals in Japan
Grant-in-Aid for Co-operative Research (A)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Department of Public Health, Okayama University Medical School |
OGATA Masana Okayama Univ. Med. Sch. Dept. Public Health Professor, 医学部, 教授 (70032844)
NOMIYAMA Kazuo Jichi Med. Sch. Sch. of Med. Dept. Hygiene Professor, 教授 (80048967)
HORIGUCHI Shunichi Osaka City Univ. Med. Sch. Dept. Prevent. and Environmental Health Professor, 医学部, 教授 (60046828)
SAKURAI Haruhiko Sch. of Med. Keio Univ. Dept. Hygiene Professor, 医学部, 教授 (70051357)
MASAYUKI Ikeda Kyoto Univ. Faculty of Med. Dept. Environmental Health Professor, 医学部, 教授 (00025579)
ARAKI Shunichi Faculty of Med. Tokyo Univ. Dept. Public Health Professor, 医学部, 教授 (00111493)
和田 攻 東京大学, 医学部, 教授 (60009933)
山村 行夫 聖マリアンナ医科大学, 教授 (40081658)
森本 兼嚢 大阪大学, 医学部, 教授 (20143414)
原田 章 関西労働衛生技術センター, 所長
佐藤 章夫 山梨医科大学, 教授 (40020747)
|Project Period (FY)
1989 – 1990
Completed (Fiscal Year 1990)
|Budget Amount *help
¥6,500,000 (Direct Cost: ¥6,500,000)
Fiscal Year 1990: ¥2,500,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,500,000)
Fiscal Year 1989: ¥4,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥4,000,000)
|Keywords||organic solvent / urinary metabolite / corrected concentration / storage / specific gravity / creatinine / timing / 03High performance liquid chromatography / 尿中代謝産物 / 混合溶剤 / 飲酒 / 人種差 / 代謝の正常値 / 有機溶剤代謝産物 / 暴露の判別限界 / 分布型 / 喫煙|
1. Estimation of normal values and their upper limits of urinary metabolites : determinant concentrations of metabolites in the urine of male businessmen from twenties to thirties in age living in Tokyo, Kyoto and Okayama Cities were estimated. Concentrations of hippuric acid, phenol, methanol, cadmium, Beta_2-MG, lead, Delta ALA and arsenic compounds in their urine were determined and the arithmetic and geometric means of these urinary compounds and 95% upper limit were calculated.
2. Normal values of the sister chromosome exchange or blood cadmium and the effect of smoking on the normal values were determined.
3. The correlation between the concentration of chlorobenzene in the air and the concentration of its metabolites in the urine of subjects exposed to chlorobenzene was observed. The correlation between the concentraion of nhexane in the air and the concentration of 2,5-hexanedione in the urine was estimated. And correlation between the concentration of organic solvents in the air and the concentration of their metabolites in the urine of subjects exposed to solvents and the correlation between the concentration of heavy metals in the air and that in the blood or urine of subjects exposed to heavy metals were estimated by our previous papers reported by members of our group studied with grants from the Ministry of Education. Then the difference in pharmacokinetics between Japanese and Caucasian was studied from the papers, and the difference between Japanese and Chinese was recognized.
4. Factors affecting the concentration of metabolites in the urine of subjects exposed to organic solvents were discussed in terms of urinary volume, drinking water and the kind of solvents use in mixed exposure.
5. Significance of biological monitoring in environmental, workplace and health control factors was described.
Report (3 results)
Research Products (35 results)