Grant-in-Aid for Co-operative Research (A)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||School of Medicine, Kitasato University|
HASEGAWA Kenji School of Medicine, Kitasato University, Lecturer, 医学部, 講師 (80050558)
TSUKAHARA Yasuo Research Center for Applied Information Sciences, Tohoku University, Professor, 応用情報学研究センター, 教授 (60004587)
CHIBA Yoshihiko Biology Institute, Yamaguchi University, Professor, 理学部, 教授 (30004310)
TAKAI Katsuji School of Health Science, Faculty of Medicine, Professor, 医学部, 教授 (10010000)
OHISHI Tadashi School of Science, Nara Women's College, Professor, 理学部, 教授 (30112098)
AOKI Kiyoshi Institute of Life Science, Sophia University, Professor., 理工学部, 教授 (70101029)
出口 武夫 東京都神経科学総合研究所, 研究舞踊 (20073059)
|Project Fiscal Year
1989 – 1991
Completed(Fiscal Year 1991)
|Budget Amount *help
¥18,300,000 (Direct Cost : ¥18,300,000)
Fiscal Year 1991 : ¥4,400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥4,400,000)
Fiscal Year 1990 : ¥5,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥5,200,000)
Fiscal Year 1989 : ¥8,700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥8,700,000)
|Keywords||Biological Clock / Primordial visual system / Paramecium / Pineal gland / Suprachiasmaticnuclei / Protein Kinasc C / Somatostafin / vasoactive peptyde / 視交叉上核 / ショウジョウバエ / メラトニン / cGMP / ロトプシン / 11cis型レチナ-ル / バソプレシン / 概日リズム / 光受容系 / エネルギ-伝達系 / 光情報伝達系 / ロドプシン / mRNA|
1. In Paramecium :
1) there was found a rhodopsin-like protein binding retinal, which may serve as a photoreceptive pigment of the specimen,
2) concentrations of cAMP and cGMP were high during the day and low at night, characteristics of which sustained under the condition of constant darkness (DD), and
3) fluctuation of protein kinase C appeared to be basically the same as those of cGMP and cAMP.
2. In Drosophilla :
1) two mutants, "Toki" and "Ritsu" were newly isolated, the circadian periods of which were different from the wild type Drosophilla. Genetic and chronobiological characteristics of the mutants were analyzed. In addition, one mutational line which did not show convincing circadian periodicity was isolated using the enhancer trap method.
2) compound eyes appeared not to function as the photo-transduction system for the biological clock system of the organism.
3. Other animals :
1) Even a small piece of the Newt pineal gland left, can serve as synchronizer of the circadian rhythm, b
ut not as generator of the rhythm.
2) The melatonin in the eyes of Quail shows a convincing rhythm in an light/dark cycle, which possibly be involved in the rhythmic cell division of retinal pigment epithelial cell, and
3) The C3H mouse genetically lacking rod cell showed the inhibition rate of the melatonin synthesis about 100 time less than that of the normal CBA mouse, when stimulated by the white light, the difference of which could be attributed to the presence of rhodopsin in the CBA mouse.
4. The amounts of peptides in the suprachiasmatic nuclei, which are known to be the centers of mammalian circadian clock, were measured by the enzyme-linked immunodetection. Following facts were clarified :
1) Upon stimulation by light, the vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) decreased and the gastrin-releasing peptide increase, while both peptides dld not show circadian rhythm in DD.
2) The vasopressin (AVP) and Somatostatins (SS) exhibited convincing circadian in DD. The amount of mRNA of SS rose to the maximum at ct 0 and fell to the minimum at 12. Less