NAGATA Kazuhiro Kyoto Univ Res Institute for chest diseases, Molecular Biology, Professor, 胸部疾患研究所, 教授 (50127114)
KOTOURA Yoshihiko School Medicine, Orthopaedic Surgery, Ass Prof, 医学部・整形外科, 助教授 (50127081)
IKADA Yoshito Kyoto Univ Res Cer Biomed Engr, Biomaterials, Professor, 生体医療工学研究センター, 教授 (00025909)
|Budget Amount *help
¥15,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥15,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1990 : ¥5,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥5,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1989 : ¥10,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥10,000,000)
1) We implanted the cultured articular chondrocytes embedded in collagen gel into the osteochondral defects in rat knee joints. 4, 12, 24 weeks postoperatively, the rats were sacrificed, and their knee joints were histologically examined.
2) In order to make clear immunological problems in the-above-mentioned experiments, we compared the results between isografts group and allograft group. As a result, there were not so much difference between two groups until 4 weeks postoperatively. At 12 weeks after operation, Isograft group showed much better repair, particularly better reorganization of subchondral bones, than allograft group.
3) We examined the influence of Fibronectin on the differentiation of cultured chick embryo chondrocytes. As a result, chondrocytes changed their shape by adding Fibronectin into the medium, from spherical to spindle form. That is, dedifferentiation of chondrocyte.
4) We examined immunochemically whether the chick chondrocytes have fibronectin receptor on their cell surfaces or not. As a result, we could verify that they recognized RGDS sequence of Fibronectin and had receptors.
5) We will make more clear influences of various culture conditions on differentiation and phenotype-maintenance of chondrocytes, for the purpose of repairing the damaged joint surface.