The Research on the Koreans Brought to Japan in the Early Pre-Modern Period of Japan - Mainly on the Kaga Clan Case
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B).
|Research Institution||Kanazawa University|
TSURUZONO Yutaka Kanazawa University, College of Liberal Arts, Associate Professor, 教養部, 助教授 (30197769)
KASAI Junichi Kanazawa University, College of Liberal Arts, Associate Professor, 教養部, 助教授 (80107119)
KATAKURA Minoru University of Osaka Prefecture, Faculty of Integrated Arts and Sciences, Profess, 総合科学部, 教授 (50085180)
NAKANO Setsuko Kanazawa University, Faculty of Literature, Research Associate, 文学部, 助手 (60019338)
|Project Fiscal Year
1989 – 1990
Completed(Fiscal Year 1990)
|Budget Amount *help
¥3,400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,400,000)
Fiscal Year 1990 : ¥1,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1989 : ¥2,400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,400,000)
|Keywords||Koreans brought to Japan in the Pre-Modern Period / Kim[Wakita] Jotetsu / "Soldier's List" of the Early Kaga Clan / Koreans brought to Southeast-Asia / The War of 1592 [Imjin] / 近世初期渡来朝鮮人 / 金(脇田)如鉄 / 加賀藩初期の侍帳 / 東南アジア渡航朝鮮人 / 壬辰倭乱 / 渡来朝鮮人 / 文禄・慶長の役(壬辰倭乱)の捕虜 / 近世的「秩序」 / 加賀藩初期侍帳|
1. Literature Review Related to This Area of Research
We reviewed and examined existing research and documents relating to these Koreans in the Kaga and the other clans and compiled a name list. This name list included such variables as could be determined, example age, rank etc. (Included in this report)
2. The Review and Rewriting of Documents
(1) We reviewed and rewrote "Autobiography of Kim Jotetsu". (Included in this report)
(2) We rewrote documents related directly to Jotetsu besides 2 (1) above. (Included in this report)
(3) We reviewed and researched the history of these koreans in the Kaga clan and the result of this research is reported under the heading "The Koreans in the Kaga Clan". (Included in this report)
(4) We expanded this study and included the Koreans brought to the Kyusyu area and other areas and are at the moment finalizing the details.
3. Analysis of the "Soldier's List" of the Early Kaga Clan
With the help a personal computer, we analyzed the "Soldier's List" and was able to trace Jotetsu's movement and rise in rank in the Kaga clan. (Included in this report)
4. Comparative Study
We also did a comparative study by researching this area in some South-Asian countries and endeavored to clarify the situation of the Koreans at that time. (Included in this report)
5. Discussion Meeting were held once a month and members of the study team reported on their progress and problems. This helped to facilitate the individual research of team members.
6. Summary and Publication of the Research
We summarized the findings of all the members of the study team and this is reported under the heading "Introduction to the Research on the Koreans brought to Japan in the Early Pre-Modern Period". The publication of this research also included the various reports mentioned above.
Research Output (7results)