Researches on Exiles in Oki Islands
Grant-in-Aid for General Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Shimane University|
MATSUO Hisashi Shimane Univ., Faculty of Law and Literature, Professor, 法文学部, 教授 (50032610)
FUKUDA Akimichi Shimane Univ., Faculty of Education, Associate Professor, 教育学部, 助教授 (20181266)
TAKENAGA Mitsuo Shimane Univ., Faculty of Law and Literature, Associate Professor, 法文学部, 助教授 (90144683)
ASHIDA Koichi Shimane Univ., Faculty of Law and Literature, Professor, 法文学部, 教授 (30127477)
INOUE Hiroshi Shimane Univ., Fuculty of Law and Literature, Professor, 法文学部, 教授 (40027967)
MICHISHIGE Tetsuo Shimane Univ., Faculty of Education, Professor, 教育学部, 教授 (10032583)
|Project Period (FY)
1989 – 1990
Completed(Fiscal Year 1990)
|Budget Amount *help
¥5,400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥5,400,000)
Fiscal Year 1990 : ¥900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥900,000)
Fiscal Year 1989 : ¥4,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥4,500,000)
|Keywords||Exile / Banishment to Distant Island / Oki Island / Document of Confession / Criminal Law / Crime / Ex-emperor Go-Toba / Emperor Go-Daigo|
Our researches inaugurated last year has been continued to this year focusing respective efforts on the endeavor to collect materials for each field of study. We are rewarded with some substantial results to be summarized in articles which establish the basis for further study of this area.
1. In addition to two articles published last year, Hisashi MATSUO wrote a paper on the exiles^' married lives this year, whose title is "On the Marriage of Exiles." His research materials are latter-day antique documents remain in Oki district.
2. Tetsuo MICHISHIGE made a research among the voluminous records filed in the "Archives of Land and Tax in Five Prefectures of Chugoku District." Focussing his investigations on the documents of Oki, he succeeded in collecting basic historical materials to explain individual characteristic of village or regional system.
3. Masuyuki MORIMOTO helped us with his viewpoint as an authority of criminal law to reinforce our synthetic approach to the historical analys
is of criminal jurisprudence of exile.
4. Hiroshi INOUE continues his research into typographical materials. He began investigations into unpublished historical documents, and made a report of hitherto collected historical materials on Oki Islands^' exiles in ancient and medieval ages, which shall be the basic documentary records for the study of the history of exile.
5. Koichi ASHIDA carries on investigations into the collections in the possession of various places in Oki to find and gather in the Ex-emperor Go-Toba^'s dedication of waka poems to shrines. Part of the results of his research work was published in an article ; "A Reproduction with Explanatory Notes of Murakami Sukekuro^'s Copy of Waka."
6. Mitsuo TAKENAGA made investigations into historical documents on the abolition of the banishment laws and the process of modernization in Oki Islands. He found new documents on the treatment of Oki exiles since the Meiji Restoration.
7. For two years in succession, Kagemichi FUKUDA continues his research on the banishment of Ex-emperor Go-Toba and the Emperor Go-Daigo to Oki Islands. He made a report on the framework of Masukagami as a historical story. Less
Research Output (12results)