A Research of Generation and Data Compression of Medical Images Using Computers
Grant-in-Aid for General Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Tokyo Institute of Technology|
AGUI Takeshi T. I. Tech. Faculty of Professor Engineering, 工学部, 教授 (70016450)
|Project Period (FY)
1989 – 1990
Completed(Fiscal Year 1990)
|Budget Amount *help
¥5,900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥5,900,000)
Fiscal Year 1990 : ¥200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥200,000)
Fiscal Year 1989 : ¥5,700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥5,700,000)
|Keywords||Medical Image Processing / Generation of Medical images / Medical Image Data Compression / Reconstruction of Objects / Interpolation of discontinuous images|
This research developed basic image processing methods concerned with one of the most important themes of medical image processing, i. e., "generation and data compression of medical images". The results are follows.
1. Generation methods of medical images
(1) A reconstruction method for the three dimensional object using interpolation of several sliced data such as CT images.
(2) A method which reconstructs original three dimensional objects from complex density contour lines obtained from X-ray films.
(3) A high speed generation method of quad-tree data structures from volume data using a kind of Hilbert scan.
2. Data compression methods of medical images
(1) An efficient data compression method for dithered binary images.
(2) A data compression method being especially useful for images containing large same color areas.
(3) A fast scanning method of large and high density images using a kind of Hilbert scan.
(4) A data compression method being appropriate for hard copy instruments of medical imaging systems.
(5) A neural network system executing data compression flexibly.
(6) A noise reduction method for decoded images dividing a given image into small octagonal regions.
(7) A generation method of smooth moving pictures from discontinuous still images using interpolation.
(8) A mixing method of character data and line drawings for the security of personal data of patients.
Research Output (29results)