|Budget Amount *help
¥7,200,000 (Direct Cost: ¥7,200,000)
Fiscal Year 1991: ¥1,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1990: ¥1,700,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,700,000)
Fiscal Year 1989: ¥4,500,000 (Direct Cost: ¥4,500,000)
The CD spectroscopic method is useful for non-empirical determination of the absolute configuration of chiral organic compounds, in addition to the X-ray method. We have developed the new theoretical method for determination of the absolute stereochemistry of twisted pi-electron systems, and have applied it to the natural products chemistry.
(1) Efficient preparation of optically pure Wieland-Miescher ketone and confirmation of its absolute stereochemistry by the CD exciton chirality method.
(2) Crystalline structure and absolute stereochemistry of chloromonilicin, a growth selfinhibitor produced by Monilinia fructicola, determined by X-ray and CD methods.
(3) Total synthesis of (+)-xestoquinone, an cardiotonic marine natural product, and determination of its absolute stereochemistry.
(4) Synthesis, CD, and absolute stereochemistry of optically active 9, 9'-spirobifluorene and[6, 6]-vespirene derivatives with polyscene chromophores.
(5) Synthesis of chiral spiro[3.3]heptane compounds and de
termination of their absolute configuration by application of the CD exciton chirality method.
(6) Synthesis, absolute stereochemistry, and isolation of (+)-prehalenaquinone, a putative biosynthetic precursor common to halenaquinone and xestoquinone compounds.
(7) Determination of the absolute stereochemistry of[6, 6]-vespirene derivatives by the X-ray method.
(8) A CD method for determination of the absolute stereochemistry of acyclic glycols.
(9) Absolute stereochemistry of natural atropisomer biflavone as determined by the theoretical calculation of CD spectra.
(10) Unique ultraviolet-visible and circular dichroism behavior due to exciton coupling in a biscyanine dye.
(11) Optical resolution of carboxylic acids by use of (-)-sultam and determination of absolute configuration.
(12) Determination of the absolute stereochemistry of cyclophanes by the X-ray methods.
(13) Revision of the structure of raphanusanins, phototropism-regulating substances of radish hypocotyls, and biological activity of raphanusanin analogus.
(14) Structure of NK901093, an AChE activity inhibitor produced by Streptomyces lavendulae. Less