Significance of Crude Drug Composition and Plural Components in Kampo Prescription.
Grant-in-Aid for General Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Nagoya City University|
OGIHARA Yukio Nagoya City University, Pharmaceutical Scinece, Professor, 薬学部, 教授 (70080166)
NOSE Mituhiko Nagoya City University, Pharmaceutical Science, Assistant, 薬学部, 助手 (60228327)
INOUE Makoto Nagoya City University, Pharmaceutical Scinece, Assistant, 薬学部, 助手 (50191888)
AMAGAYA Sakae Nagoya City University, Pharmaceutical Science, Lecturer, 薬学部, 講師 (80137124)
|Project Period (FY)
1989 – 1990
Completed(Fiscal Year 1990)
|Budget Amount *help
¥5,600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥5,600,000)
Fiscal Year 1990 : ¥1,800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,800,000)
Fiscal Year 1989 : ¥3,800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,800,000)
|Keywords||Kampo prescription / Shosaikoto / Daisaikoto / Macrophage / Interleukin-1 / Saikosaponin / Hemolytic action / Phagocytosis / グリチルリチン / 複合成分 / 生薬配合 / 大柴胡夜 / サポニン / 薬理作用 / コルチコステロン|
Using Shosaikoto and Daisaikoto which consists of crude drugs similar to Shosaikoto in order to investigate the significance of crude drug composition and plural components in kampo prescriptions, we made clear the facts described below.
1. Shosaikoto might regulate the immune response by reducing prostaglandin production in macrophages and stimulating interleukin-1 release and phagocytosis.
2. Stimulation of interleukin-1 release by Shosaikoto resulted from the reduction of pro-staglandin production and other unknown mechanisms.
3. Shosaikoto and Daisaikoto showed the opposite action on interleukin-1 release, which was explained by the action of the crude drugs peculiar to Shosaikoto and Daisaikoto, respectively, and by the subsidiary action of the crude drugs common to them.
4. Shosaikoto reduced monocytes/macrophages in blood with the increase inserum choles-terol in hyperlipidemic rabbit. On the contrary, Daisaikoto maintained the same level as control rabbit.
5. Using components of Sho
saikoto which were fractionated by solubility in ethanol and molecular size, the stimulatory action of Shosaikoto on phagocytosis of macrophages was studied. Ethanol insoluble fraction and ethanol soluble fraction of which molecular weight was smaller than 1000, showed as much stimulatory activity of phagocytosis as Shosaikoto or more than it.
6. The study of the variation in component quantity by changing the composition of crude drugs of Shosaikoto indicated that Scutellariae Radix, Zizyphi Fructus, Bupleuri Radix and Ginseng Radix stimulated the extraction of glycyrrhizin from Glycyrrhizae Radix and that Zingiberis Rhizomas and Pinelliae Tuber reduced it, And this reduction resulted from the absorption of glycyrrhizin to the residues of crude drugs.
7. Anti-inflammatory action of saikosaponin was not due to its directory action on abrenal cortex or hypothalamus.
8. The hemolytic action of Shosaikoto was correlated with the affinity of saikosaponin to membrane, moreover, with acti-inflammatory action and glucocorticoid releaing action.
9. Long term administration of Shosaikoto enhanced the responsiveness of liver to Glucocorticoid. Less
Research Output (3results)