YAMAMOTO Ryoji Kobe University, School of Medicine Research Associate, 医学部, 助手 (30135785)
SAIJOH Kiyofumi Kobe University, School of Medicine Assistant Professor, 医学部, 講師 (00178469)
MIO Takaya Kobe University, School of Medicine Research Associate, 医学部, 助手 (20047450)
|Budget Amount *help
¥5,600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥5,600,000)
Fiscal Year 1990 : ¥800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥800,000)
Fiscal Year 1989 : ¥4,800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥4,800,000)
The components of lipids in focal tissues of patients suffered from adult diseases like arteriosclerosis, hypertension, diabetes, lung cancer and rheumatoid arthritis that were thought to be exposed oxidative stress, were checked using a GC/MS/COM.
1. The oxidative form of saturated fatty acid were detected as monohydroxy form, but fatty acid in side chain of cholesterol were not changed.
2. The oxidative form of unsaturated fatty acid were detected as to be peroxide and epoxide.
3. Free and esteral cholesterol were metabolized to be oxidative form of cholesta-3, 5, 7-triene, cholesta-3, 5-diene-7, 8-epoxide, and 7-dehydrocholestero1-5alpha, 6alpha (or 5beta, 6beta) after trimethylsilization of N, O- (trimethylsilyl) -trifluoroactamide,as derived from dehydrocholesterol.
4. Moreover, cholesterol- 5alpha, 6alpha (or 5beta, 6beta) -epoxide, cholesterol-6-hydroxide and cholesterol-6-methoxide were newly produced by cholesterol oxidation.
5. After incubation of human monocytes with the cholestero1-5alpha, 6alpha-epoxide, monocytes were transformed to foam cell and large cell.
6. Relative activity of superoside dismutase in young and old erythrocyte from diabetic patients and health people were measured, as to be resulted the same level in young erythrocytes, but significant difference in old erythrocytes.