|Budget Amount *help
¥3,300,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,300,000)
Fiscal Year 1990 : ¥1,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1989 : ¥2,300,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,300,000)
1. By the culture of human marrow cells for megakaryocyte colony formation in serum-free conditions, it was confirmed that IL-3 and GM-CSF have megakaryocyte CSF activity. Erythropoietin (EPO), M-CSF, IL-6, IL-7 and stem cell factor (SCF) have the activity of megakaryocyte potentiator. There is a possibility that these cytokines play a role in the regulation of thrombopoiesis in vivo. G-CSF and IL-9 have no effect on megakaryocyte colony formation.
2. When various cytokines were added to CMK cells to see their effect on the incorporation of 3H-TdR, IL-3, GM-CSF, IL-6, IL-11 and SCF have stimulatory activity. There is a possibility that these cytokines play a role in the regulation of thrombopoiesis in vivo. EPO, IL-7, IL-9 and leukemia inhibitctor have no effect on the proliferation of CMK cells.
When we fractionated the urine from a thrombocytopenic patient by ammonium sulfate, the sediment fractionated by 50% ammonium sulfate has stimulatory effect on CMK Cells. It was confirmed that the stimulatory effect of this fraction is caused by the factors other than EPO, IL-1alpha, IL-1beta, IL-3, GM-CSF, IL-6 or TNF-alpha.
3. When the IL-6 concentration of the patients with aplastic anemia was measured by ELISA, the increase in IL-6 was not observed. From these findings, it could be considered that IL-6 is not produced in response to thrombocytopenia in case of aplastic anemia.
4. It was shown that peripheral blood mononuclear cells from the patients with essential thrombocythemia or CML responded to the lower concentration of IL-3 than those of normal controls.
5. DNA fractionated by an pulse field electrophoresis from the leukemic cells of the patients with myeloproliferative disorders with thrombocytosis were hybridized to transferrin gene or somatostatin gene probes for the detection of chromosome abnormalities in the long arm of chromosome 3, but we could not detect any abnormalities so far.