The educational data base on three-dimensional growth changes of cranioface and dentition
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B).
|Research Institution||Hokkaido University|
NAKAMURA Shinji Hokkaido University Dental School Professor, 歯学部, 教授 (80001791)
TSUCHIDA Takahiko Hokkaido University Dental School Instructor, 歯学部, 助手 (00197708)
MATSUNO Isao Hokkaido University Dental School Instructor, 歯学部, 助手 (60199825)
IMAI Tohru Hokkaido University Dental School Lecturer, 歯学部, 講師 (40160030)
ISHIKAWA Hiroyuki Hokkaido University Dental Hospital Lecturer, 歯学部附属病院, 講師 (20184492)
YAMAMURA Masahiko Hokkaido University Dental School Instructor, 歯学部, 助手 (90220441)
土佐 博之 北海道大学, 歯学部, 助手 (30207568)
|Project Fiscal Year
1989 – 1991
Completed(Fiscal Year 1991)
|Budget Amount *help
¥3,400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,400,000)
Fiscal Year 1991 : ¥400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥400,000)
Fiscal Year 1990 : ¥500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥500,000)
Fiscal Year 1989 : ¥2,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,500,000)
|Keywords||Craniotace / Dentition / Growth and development / Three-dimensions / Image processing / Optical measurement / Growth pattern / Growth prediction / 顔面頭蓋骨 / 歯列 / 成長発育 / 三次元 / 画像処理 / 光学測定 / 成長パタ-ン / 成長予測 / 頭部X線規格写真 / 歯列模型 / 三次元形状 / 形態類似性 / 歯列石膏模型 / 光学測定法|
The purpose of this study was to develop the data base systems on three-dimensional growth changes of cranioface and dentition. The results were as follows.
1. Three-dimensional measurement systems of craniofacial and dental structures
(1) The image processing system for three-dimensional reconstruction of craniofacial structures has been developed. To produce three-dimensional images were based on tracings from 4 different-oriented cephalograms.
(2) The Optical Measurement system to measure dental cast profile has been improved to reduce the scanning time and undetectable areas on the cast surface. The turn-table to change the scanning direction and the mirror to change the incidence angle of laser were set on the measuring part. EMS memory was applied to the control part.
(3) It has become possible to adjust the three-dimensional data of upper and lower dental casts in occlusion, by measuring the bite recording materials.
2. Growth and development of cranioface and dentition
(1) 20 patterns on the craniofacial growth during puberty were extracted. Each pattern was associated with the morphological characteristics of the cranioface before puberty.
(2) Various kinds of dental compensating mechanism were found in harmony with craniofacial growth.
(3) The tooth germs of the upper first solar moved through the alveolar bone at a speed of 3-5mm per year (average 4.2mm/year).
Research Output (13results)