|Budget Amount *help
¥2,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1990 : ¥300,000 (Direct Cost : ¥300,000)
Fiscal Year 1989 : ¥1,700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,700,000)
1. An exposure experiment system was remodeled in order to carry out the animal exposure experiments to special gases used in semiconductor industries.
2. The chemical stability of silane in the exposure chamber was confirmed on condition of actual exposure concentration and duration in this experiments.
3. No pathological and serological changes except for weak irritation was found by exposure to 1,000 ppm silane for 1, 2, 4, and 8 hours to ICR male mice (SPF).
4. High prevalence of exudation and inflammatory and/or necrotic cells on the nasal mucous membrane was observed by exposure to 1,000 ppm silane for 4 weeks, but not for 2 weeks, to ICR male mice (SPF).
5. Exposure to 7,500 and 10,000 ppm silane for 30 minutes to ICR male mice (SPF) induced scar in the kidney cortex, serological changes of liver function indices, and slight lymphocytemia.
6. The series of this exposure experiments suggested the following ;
(1) LC_<LO>'s of exposure to silane for 30 minutes of 4 hours are more than 10,000 ppm or 1,000 ppm.
(2) Target organs of silane toxicity may be the kidney, the liver, and the spleen.
(3) Irritability of silane on mucous membrane may not be so strong as some literatures suggest.