|Budget Amount *help
¥1,600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,600,000)
Fiscal Year 1990 : ¥600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥600,000)
Fiscal Year 1989 : ¥1,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,000,000)
(1) We extracted Japanese vocabulary related to images from about 100 papers reported in the transactions of IEICE, and the word number of nouns, verbs, adjectives and adverbs we got were about 3600, 400 250 and 70, respectively.
(2) We constructed an object oriented image processing system which runs on a workstation under UNIX. Besides of many fundamental lisp functions, image processing procedures and some functions realizing objective environment were built in it. We can execute both natural language processing and image processing on the system.
(3) We constructed a conceptual dictionary of words directly associated with image processing. In this dictionary, concepts were categorized by conceptual upper/lower class and lower classes can inherit attributes and methods of upper ones.
(4) We made up a Japanese language analysis system and applied it to a manーmachine interface of image processing. This system generates image processing functions from input Japanese sentence using the conceptual dictionary.
(5) We developed a visualizing system of "room scene" which was depicted in Japanese language. Analyzing an input sentence, constraints of both objects themselves and relations among them were extracted. If ineviatable informations for the visualization, for example, shape and color of object, screen position, viewpoint and so on, were not given, default values stored in the dictionary were used.