A Research on Physical Experimental Education at Women's University
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C).
|Research Institution||Japan Women's University|
小館 香椎子 日本女子大学, 教養部, 教授
KODATE Kashiko Japan Women's University, Department of Physics, Professor, 家政学部, 教授 (20060668)
|Project Fiscal Year
1989 – 1990
Completed(Fiscal Year 1990)
|Budget Amount *help
¥600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥600,000)
Fiscal Year 1990 : ¥600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥600,000)
|Keywords||physical experimental education, / physical education to female students / optical experiments / questionnaire about education of experiments / 物理実験教育 / 女子の物理教育 / 光の実験 / 実験教育のアンケ-ト調査|
Although more female students have come to study science or engineering yearly, the number of those who major in physics is still small. Also few students of department of home economy except scientific course take physics classes as general educational subjects at Japan Women's university. But Physics is the basic subject of natural science and expected to be studied widely by many students. For that purpose, it is effective to give lectures with interesting experiments from which students will learn physical conception. Women's students feel that physics is hard to understand and is not interesting. To improve their prejudice and train active students, the effectiveness of physical experimental education is clarified by this research on following points.
1) Giving the theories of 2 physical experiments (1 : application of an oscilloscope 2 : diffraction of light by using a laser) in general education courses and using interesting computer graphics for students to process data made the
experiments more comprehensible.
2) Before and after optical experiments which are easy and fun to do because phenomena can be seen with naked eyes, students' knowledge were investigated by asking meaning of basic optic words and to draw easy figures. In consequence, the effectiveness of physical experimental education is clarified.
3) In the consequence of the questionnaire to women's high schools (include university's attached, private and public schools), it was confirmed that considerably many schools give physical experimental education positively and a lot of suggestions about physical education methods were received.
4) In the consequence of the questionnaire to students of? women's high schools, the present condition of physical education from students' side and their interest in physics were clarified.
5) In the consequence of the questionnaire to Women's universities in the whole country, the fact that more than 30% of universities which have department of home economy give lectures with physical experiments was recognized. The other universities want to give physical expermental education, if facilities or assistants are supplied enough.
6) In the consequence of the questionnaire to students in scientific course from the sophomore to the senior at Japan Women's University, the effectiveness of physical experimental education to their professional education was confirmed.
これらのアンケ-ト調査の結果はコンピュ-タにより処理し、 グラフ化し学会で報告の予定である。 Less
Research Output (6results)