Development of Rapidly Pulsed Tunable Solid-State Lasers
Grant-in-Aid for Developmental Scientific Research (B).
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Kochi Medical School|
UEDA Y. Kochi Medical School, Dept. of Phys., Prof., 医学部, 教授 (00011528)
小田 清志 東ソー株式会社新材料研究所, 研究員
小玉 展宏 東ソー株式会社新材料研究所, 研究員
OKUNISHI A. Kochi Medical School, Dept. of Phys., Research Associate, 医学部, 教務職員 (20214067)
IWAHORI J. Kochi Medical School, Dept. of Phys., Associate Prof., 医学部, 助教授 (50115292)
KODAMA N. Tosoh Corp., Advanced Materials Research Lab., Researcher
ODA K. Tosoh Corp., Advanced Materials Research Lab., Researcher
|Project Period (FY)
1989 – 1990
Completed(Fiscal Year 1990)
|Budget Amount *help
¥12,300,000 (Direct Cost : ¥12,300,000)
Fiscal Year 1990 : ¥5,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥5,100,000)
Fiscal Year 1989 : ¥7,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥7,200,000)
|Keywords||Solid state laser / Titanium-doped sapphire / Copper vapor laser / Laser damage / Unstable resonator / 波長可変レ-ザ- / 同位体分離 / CVD|
1. Growth of titanium-doped (Ti : Al_2O_3) sapphire crystal is studied and the followings are presented.
(1) The growing condition to prevent inclusions of gas bubbles
(2) The dependence of refractive-index homogeneity on the growing atmosphere
(3) The annealing condition to provide a grown crystal with a figure of merit greater than 200
2. The withstanding fluence of a Ti : Al_2O_3 crystal against surface damage at copper vapor laser (CVL) wavelengths is presented.
The experimental data of CVL pumped Ti : Al_2O_3 laser are analyzed with the rate equation for a two-level system.
(1) The transverse relaxation time of a Ti : Al_2O_3 crystal is estimated.
(2) The crystal length with which the net gain became the maximum value is derived.
Research Products (11results)