Development of a Fine Filament with 0.1 mum in Diameter for the Electron Biprism of a Holographic Atom Resolution Electron Microscope
Grant-in-Aid for Developmental Scientific Research (B).
|Research Institution||Kyoto Institute of Technology|
ENDOH Hisamitsu Kyoto Institute of Technology, Dept. of Electron Information Science, Associate Professor, 工芸学部, 助教授 (20027907)
原田 嘉晏 日本電子(株), EO技術本部, 本部長
大野 恭秀 新日鉄(株), 第一技術研究所, 主任研究員
TSUBOKAWA Yoshiyuki Osaka University, Dept. of Applied Physics, Instructor, 工学部, 教務員 (40175469)
SHIMIZU Ryuichi Osaka University, Dept. of Applied Physics, Professor, 工学部, 教授 (40029046)
OHNO Yasuhide Nippon Steel Co., R&D Laboratories-1, Senior Researcher
HARADA Motoyasu JEOL Ltd., E. O. Technical and Engineering Division, General Manager
|Project Fiscal Year
1989 – 1990
Completed(Fiscal Year 1990)
|Budget Amount *help
¥4,300,000 (Direct Cost : ¥4,300,000)
Fiscal Year 1990 : ¥500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥500,000)
Fiscal Year 1989 : ¥3,800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,800,000)
|Keywords||Electron holography / Pt-wire / Pt-fine filament / Electron biprism / Atom resolution electron microscope / Holographic electron microscope / On-line image processing / 電子線ホログラフィ- / 白金線 / 白金極細線 / 電子線バイプリズム / 原子直視電子顕微鏡 / ホログラフィ-電子顕微鏡 / オンライン画像処理 / 原子直視ホログラフィ-顕微鏡 / 白金極細フィラメント / 加熱清浄型電子線バイプリズム / 原子直視分析電子顕微鏡 / 原子直視ホログラフィ顕微鏡|
It is the purpose of this project to develop the fabrication technique of the finest Pt-wire with 0.1mum in diameter for the electron biprism of a holographic atom resolution electron microscope. The following results are obtained.
(1) A thin drawn Pt-wire with 0.3mum in diameter was fabricated directly by an extension of the Wollaston drawing technique.
(2) Finer Pt-wires than 0.3mum in diameter were produced by the ion thinning method. Especially the finest Pt-wire with 0.1mum in thickness was obtained by the focussed ion beam method using Ga-ions.
(3) It was proved theoretically that the parallelity of irradiating electron beam is the most important to get electron holograms with high contrast and resolution and wide area of interference.
(4) Usable electron holograms obtained by high resolution electron microscopes supplied commercially with the electron gun of filament and the accelerating voltage of 200kV and 400kV.
(5) 400kV in comparison with 200kV of accelerating voltage is favorable to get bright source of electron beams but unfavorable to get high contrast in flourecent screen. TV-system with high sensitivity was installed to the holographic electron microscope with the accelerating voltage of 400kV to compensate the contrast deterioration.
(6) This system was progressed to on-line processing system for electron holograms by linking up with a mini-computer microVAX-II.
These results lead to the following conclusion.
(1) The fabrication technique of Pt fine filament with 0.1mum in diameter was developed.
(2) The observation method and system to get high quality electron holograms by using the fine Pt-wire for the electron biprism were also analyzed and developed.
(3) The purpose of this project has been achieved successfully as shown above.
Research Output (10results)