Ultra Precision Machining of Hard to Cut Materials and Composite Materials
Grant-in-Aid for Developmental Scientific Research (B).
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Kobe University|
SUGIMURA Nobuhiro Kobe Univ., Faculty of Eng., Associate Prof., 工学部, 助教授 (80135813)
MANABE Keiji Kobe Univ., Faculty of Eng., Research Associate, 工学部, 助手 (90209677)
MORIWAKI Toshimichi Kobe Univ., Faculty of Eng., Prof., 工学部, 教授 (00031104)
IWATA Kazuaki Osaka Univ., Faculty of Eng., Prof., 工学部, 教授 (30031066)
|Project Period (FY)
1989 – 1990
Completed(Fiscal Year 1990)
|Budget Amount *help
¥15,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥15,500,000)
Fiscal Year 1990 : ¥4,400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥4,400,000)
Fiscal Year 1989 : ¥11,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥11,100,000)
|Keywords||Ultra Precision Machining / Micro Machining / FRM / Single Crystal Metals / Cutting Mechanics / Cutting Forces / Surface Finish / 超精密微小切削 / 難削材 / 複合材 / 2次元切削 / 走査型電子顕微鏡|
Experimental and theoretical analyses of micro cutting process have been carried out aiming at clarifying the ultra-precision machining process of the hard-to-cut materials and the composite materials.
1. Development of an orthogonal micro machining equipment built in SEM
An orthogonal micro machining equipment was developed and built in the SEM (Scanning Electron Microscope) in order to realize direct observation of the micro machining process at the depths of cut down to 0.1 mum.
2. Experimental analysis of micro machining process of FRM
Micro machining experiments of FRM (Fiber Reinforced Metal) were carried out to clarify the effects of the depth of cut and the fiber directions on the surface finish, the chip formation and the cutting forces.
3. Experimental analysis of micro machining process of single crystal copper
Orthogonal micro machining process of single crystal copper was observed and analyzed aiming at clarifying the effects of the crystallographic orientation and the depth of cut on the chip formation, the cutting forces and the surface finish.
4. Finite element analysis of machining process of single crystal copper
A theoretical method based on a rigid-plastic FEM (Finite Element Method) was proposed, and the orthogonal micro machining process of single crystal copper was analyzed. The calculated results were in good agreement with the experimental results in the shapes of chips and the cutting forces.
5. Discussion of micro machining process
Following remarks are concluded in the research ;
(1) Good surface finish is obtained in the machining experiments of FRM and copper when the depth of cut is decreased less than 1 mum.
(2) Fiber directions and crystallographic orientations do not affect the chip formation process when the depth of cut is less than 1 mum.
(3) Rigid-plastic FEM was successfully applied to the analysis of micro machining process of single crystal copper.
Research Output (14results)