Development of a NMR Probe for the Super-High Magnetic-Field Gradient Spin-Echo and its Application to Polymer Systems
Grant-in-Aid for Developmental Scientific Research (B).
|Research Institution||Tokyo Institute of Technology|
NOSE Takuhei Tokyo Institute of Technology, Department of Polymer Chemistry, Professor, 工学部, 教授 (20016405)
樋口 啓一郎 日本電子(株), 分析機器技術本部, 副担当次長
池田 武義 日本電子データム(株), 分析機器サービス部, 専門次長
OKADA Mamoru Tokyo Institute of Technology, Department of Polymer Chemistry, Lecturer, 工学部, 講師 (50185451)
ANDO Isao Tokyo Institute of Technology, Department of Polymer Chemistry, Professor, 工学部, 教授 (20016637)
HIGUCHI Keiichiro JEOL Ltd., General Manager
|Project Fiscal Year
1989 – 1990
Completed(Fiscal Year 1990)
|Budget Amount *help
¥11,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥11,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1990 : ¥2,800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,800,000)
Fiscal Year 1989 : ¥8,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥8,200,000)
|Keywords||Pulsed-field gradient NMR / Tracer diffusion / Self-diffusion / Polymer melts / Blockcopolymers / Polymer gels / 磁場勾配パルスNMR法 / トレ-サ-拡散 / 自己拡散 / 高分子融体 / ブロック共重合体 / 高分子ゲル / 磁場匂配パルスNMR法 / 高分子ハイドロゲル|
1. Development of a NMR probe for the super-high magnetic-field gradient spinecho (FGSE-NMR)
(1) We have succeeded in construction of the probe with following specifications.
Maximum of magnetic-field gradient 600G/cm
Sample size diameter 5mm x length 8mm
Pulse width 0.03-50ms
Pulse interval 5-600ms
Generated magnetic-field gradient was calibrated against applied electric current, and reliability of the measurement was confirmed. Available ranges of pulse-width and pulse-interval were determined by taking the effect of residual magnetic field into account. The maximum gradient attained here is the highest in reported values in the polymer field.
2. Application to polymer systems
Applicability of the FGSE-NMR method with this probe was demonstrated through the following experimental studies on polymer dynamics.
(1) Diffusion of polymer chains in poly (dimethylsiloxane) mixtures
The FGSE-NMR could measure diffusion coefficient for each component in polymer mixtures separately. Role of hydrodynamic interactions in chain diffusion in melts was revealed.
(2) Diffusion of polymer chains dissolved in microdomains of blockcopolymers Was measured diffusion coefficient of B-polymer chains which were dissolved in microdomains of A-B and A-B-A type block copolymers. Diffusion behavior of tracer chains are controlled by location of the dissolved chains in the domain.
(3) Diffusion of water molecules in polymer gels
Diffusion coefficient of water molecules in a poly (methacrylic acid) hydro-gel was measured as a function of the degree of swelling, and diffusion of the free water was found to be slower at the higher degrees of swelling.
Research Output (3results)