|Budget Amount *help
¥10,900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥10,900,000)
Fiscal Year 1991 : ¥700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥700,000)
Fiscal Year 1990 : ¥1,900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,900,000)
Fiscal Year 1989 : ¥8,300,000 (Direct Cost : ¥8,300,000)
Antisera have been raised against purified procine and bovine overian inhibin. We have now established RIA systems that can be use for the measurement of inhibin concentrations in peripheral sera of cyclic pigs, rats, cows, goats and women.
1. In cyclic pigs, rats andgoats, serum inhibin levals are high during the follicular phase and then drop sharply after the preovulatory LH/FSH surge. In those animals inhibin levels are relatively low during luteial phase.
2. In cycling cows, serum inhibin levelstreached a maximum 36 to 48 hours after the preovulatory LH/FSH surge, when serum progesterone levels remained low. Inhibin levels then dropped and remained relatively low during luteal phase.
3. In menstrual cycles of women, serum inhibin levels were quite high during the luteal phase, in contrast to the other mammals examined thus far. This suggests that a majar source of inhibin during the luteal phase is the corpus luteum, at least in women.
4. The plasma inhibin concentrations in 190 normal pregnant women at 5-40 weeks gestation were measured by a specific RIA for human inhibin. The average plasma inhibin concentrations in pregnant women throughout pregnancy were much higher than those in nonpregnant women with a normal menstrual cycle.
5. To determine the diurnal release of inhibin, blood sample were collected every hour for 24 h, from five healthy young adults men. During the evenign and the night, serum concentations were relatively low. With regard to the age-related changes on basal inhibin levels, the the highest values were observed in the twenties, and lower values were found with aging.
6. The relationships between plasma concentrations of inhibin and embryo production were examined in 17 superovulated Japanese Black cows. Significant correlation was observed between the concentration of inhibin at estrus and the number of ovulation.