Grant-in-Aid for international Scientific Research
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Kochi Medical School|
HASHIGUCHI Yoshihisa Department of Parasitology, Kochi Medical School, Kochi, Japan, 医学部, 助教授 (10037385)
M.H.フラード グアヤキル大, 医学部, 助教授
J.ルンベア グアヤキル大, 医学部, 教授
V.V.コロネル 熱帯医学研究所, 寄生虫部, 部長
E.A.ゴメス カトリカ大, 医学部, 教授
MATSUMOTO Yoshitsugu Department of Applied Immunology, Faculty of Agriculture, University of Tokyo, J, 農学部, 助教授 (00173922)
KATAKURA Ken Department of Parasitology, The Jikei University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japa, 医学部, 講師 (10130155)
MIMORI Tatsuyuki Department of Parasitic Diseases, Kumamoto University School of Medicine, Kumamo, 医学部, 講師 (00117384)
ESHITA Yuki Department of Parasitology, Kurume University School of Medicine, Fukuoka, Japan, 医学部, 講師 (10082223)
HOSOKAWA Atsushi Department of Dermatology, Faculty of Medicine, University of the Ryukyus, Okina, 医学部, 講師 (10181497)
FURUYA Masato Institute for Laboratory Animals, Kochi Medical School, Kochi, Japan, 医学部, 助教授 (00035437)
NONAKA Shigeo Department of Dermatology, Faculty of Medicine, University of the Ryukyus, Okina, 医学部, 教授 (10039571)
JOSE Rumbea Guzman Centro Nacional de Medicine Tropical, Faculty of Medical Science, University of
VICENTA V.De Coronel Department of Parasitology, National Institute of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine,
EDUARDO A.Gomez L. Department of Tropical Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Catolica San
MIGUEL H. Jurado S. Centro Nacional de Medicine Tropical, Faculty of Medical Science, University of
吾妻 健 高知医科大学, 医学部, 助手 (40117031)
|Project Period (FY)
1990 – 1992
Completed(Fiscal Year 1992)
|Budget Amount *help
¥28,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥28,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1992 : ¥10,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥10,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1991 : ¥9,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥9,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1990 : ¥9,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥9,000,000)
|Keywords||Leishmaniasis / Vector sandflies / Reservoir hosts / Leishmania parastites / Dermal lesions / Treatment / Molecular boilogy / Ecuador / リ-シュマニア症 / 伝播機構 / エクアドル共和国 / アンデス / Paromomycin / Glucantime / サシチョウバエ / 伝播疫学 / パ-モマイシン / グルカンタイム / 局所療法 / バクテリア二次感染 / 真菌二次感染|
In this fiscal year (1992), the data obtained were analyzed from the view of parasitological, immunological, molecular biological, clinical and pathological points as follows :
1. Findings on Andean leishmaniasis and its ecology.
(1) Andean leishmaniasis cases were reported from two regions of Ecuador, Huigra (1,300 m a.s.l.) and Alausi (2,300-2,500 m), Department of Chimborazo. In the areas schoolchildren, dogs as reservoir host and vector sandflies were examined.
(2) Leishmania parasistes were isolated from Lutomyia ayacuchensis caught in both sites, Alausi and Huigra, and also from two children (1 and 2 year-old females) living in Huigra.
2. Molecular biological findiings.
(1) Karyotypes of L. mexicana, L. panamensis and L. major-like parasites from Ecuador were analyzed by a pulsed field gel electrophoreses (PFGE). The karyotype variations observd among isolates from distinct regions appear to reflect the species diversity of Leishmania in Ecuador.
(2) Polymerase chain reaction (PCR) tec
hniques have been applied for detection of Leishmania DNA.
3. Vector entomological findings.
(1) Biting activity and Leishmania infection of sandfly, Lutzomyia spp. collected by four different methods were examined, especially in relation to parous rates.
(2) The sandfly fauna of each of nine sites endemic for Leishmania was sampled using a variety of collection methosds.
4. Clinico-epidemiological findings on the lowland leishmaniasis
(1) Clinical forms of the disease in the Pacific lowland were described in detail.
(2) Bacterial and fungal floras in suspected Leishmania ulcers of patients from leishmaniasis endemic areas were studied, in relation to the secondary infection.
5. Light and electron microscopical findings.
(1) Experimentally infected hamsters with Ecuadorian Leishmania isolates were thoroughly examined from clinico-pathological points of view.
(2) Ultrastructural observations on the cutaneous lesions of three patients with leishmaniasis were also examined.
6. findings on the treatment of cutaneous leishmaniasis.
Leishmanicidal activity of paromomycin, meglumine antimonate and mercury chrome was evaluated in vitro and in vivo for the purpose topical applications to American cutaneous leishmaniasis. Less