Grant-in-Aid for international Scientific Research
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Tohoku University|
SHOJI Tetsuo Research Institute for Fracture Technology, Faculty of Engineering, 工学部, 教授 (80091700)
WATANABE Yutaka JSPS Post-Doctoral Fellow, 工学部, 学振特別研究員
SAKA Masumi Faculty of Engineering, Tohoku University, 工学部, 助教授 (20158918)
HWANG I. S. Dept. of Nuclear Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 原子力工学科, 助手
KOHSE G. E. MIT Reactor Research Lab., Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 原子炉実験所, 助手
HARLING O. K. MIT Reactor Research Lab., Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 原子炉実験所, 教授
BALLINGER R. G. Dept. of Nuclear Engineering and Dept. of Materials Science and Engineering, Mas, 原子力及び材料科学科, 助教授
STEWART J. 東北大学, 工学部, 学振外国人特別研究員
|Project Period (FY)
1990 – 1991
Completed(Fiscal Year 1991)
|Budget Amount *help
¥5,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥5,100,000)
Fiscal Year 1991 : ¥2,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,500,000)
Fiscal Year 1990 : ¥2,600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,600,000)
|Keywords||Irradiation Assisted Stress Corrosion Cracking / High Temperature Water / Grain Boundary Segregation / Cr-depletion / SSRT / Nondestructive Evaluation / Electro-chemical method / IGSCC / 照射誘起偏析 / 低ひずみ速度 / 不純物 / 中性子照射 / γ線照射|
The objective of this research is to develop a nondestructive evaluation method for detection of radiation induced segregation such as Cr-depletion with very narrow width and impurities segregation. These changes in grain boundary chemistries are possible causes of Irradiation Assisted Stress Corrosion Cracking. Several heats of Type 304 Stainless Steels including high purity, commercial purity, nuclear grade, low sulfur materials. In addition to grain boundary chemical analysis, slow strain rate tests were performed in oxygenated high temperature water at 288ﾟC. Results can be summarized as follows,
1. Modified EPR can detect irradiation induced narrow Cr depletion.
2. RIS was strongly affected by carbon content and nuclear grade material showed the highest resistance to IGSCC.
3. Impurity segregation can be quantitatively evaluated by total charge density measured at-1050mv for one hours in 5N-H_2SO_4
4. These NDE technique can be applied to TEM disc specimens by RIS detector.
5. IGSCC region can be mapped in terms of Cr-depletion and impurity segregation.
6. Further research is needed to evaluate the segregation of B and N which can transmute to form He and H and results in grain boundary weakening.
Taking account of those grain boundary analysis and it relation to IGSCC, IASCC mechanisms can be made clear.