KELLOW A.J. ディーキン大学, 社会科学部, 上級講師
BATES G.M. タスマニア州議会, 上院議員
FOWLER Robert J. Senior Lecturer, Department of Law, Adelaide University, 法学部, 上級講師
NAKAYA Hiroki Associate Professor, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, Mie University, 人文学部, 助教授 (10144106)
SAEKI Tomiki Professor, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, Mie University, 人文学部, 教授 (50065223)
BATES Gerry M. M. H. A. for Franklin, Parliament of Tasmania
KELLOW Aynsley J. Senior Lecturer, School of Social Sciences, Deakin Unuversity
The objective of this research programme is, in collaboration with Australian researchers, to clarify the present status and the future trends of development and conservation of the River Murray Basin in Australia from legal, administrrative and political aspects by means of hearings, meetings at concerned agencies and field research.
For this purpose, in last August we have researched the environmental and land use control policies, salinity, inter-governmental problems, the role of communities, etc. at ;
1. Universities ; the University of Adelaide, the Australian National University, Deakin University, University of Tasmania, etc.,
2. State Organizations ; Salinity Bureau in Department of the Premier and Cabinent of Victoria, Department of Environmental and planning of South Australia, Engineering and Water Supply Department of South Australia, etc,,
3. Inter- Govermenta Body ; Murray-Darling Basin Commission,
4. Local-Governmental Organization ; Australian Local Government Association,
5. Non-Governmental Organization ; Greening Australia.
At the result of this research, we have found that ;
1. the environmental problems such as salinity are serious,
2. the inter-states problems such as a share of responsibility for the basin are serious,
3. local governments have not played large parts in the solution of basin problems,
4. it is very important to cultivate communities,
5. it is necessary to join the powers of many scholars for the solution of wide-basin problems.
So we think that ;
1. it is necessary to research present environmental status of the basin and make a total programme for the development and conservation rapidly,
2. for the purpose to arrange many problems between states, it is efficient to establish new federal organization that have a bigger power than the existing organization such as Murray-Darling Basin Commission,
3. to enforce efficiently the plan of land use in the basin, it is necessary to make many communities and educate them.