Grant-in-Aid for Overseas Scientific Survey.
|Research Institution||Osaka University|
TEZUKA Yoshikazu Faculty of Engineering, Osaka University, 工学部, 教授 (20028955)
クロゼ J.F. マサチューセッツ大学, 計算機科学系, 助教授
バストーラ K.S. レンゼラー工科大学, 生産技術研究センター, 助教授
大月 一弘 神戸大学, 教養部, 講師 (10185324)
山本 幹 大阪大学, 工学部, 助手 (30210561)
岡田 博美 大阪大学, 工学部, 助教授 (10093387)
OHTSUKI Kazuhiro College of Liberal Arts, Kobe University
VASTOLA Kenneth S Manufacturing Engineering Center Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
OKADA Hiromi Faculty of Engineering, Osaka University
YAMAMOTO Miki Faculty of Engineering, Osaka University
KUROSE James F. Department of Computer and Information Science, University of Massachusetts
|Project Fiscal Year
1990 – 1991
Completed(Fiscal Year 1991)
|Budget Amount *help
¥4,900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥4,900,000)
Fiscal Year 1991 : ¥2,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1990 : ¥2,900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,900,000)
|Keywords||Broadband ISDN / Layered Network / Highspeed WAN / MAN Intecconncetion / Switching Architecture / Ring Network / Access Control / 広帯域ISDN / 階層型ネットワ-ク / 超高速広域ネットワ-ク / MAN / 相互接続 / 交換機ア-キテクチャ / リング型ネットワ-ク / アクセス制御 / NAN / LAN|
Layered network organization is suitable for Broadband ISDN which support various traffic with a unique network interface. The layered network is constructed with very high speed WAN, high speed MAN and LAN. The purpose of this project is a development of layered organization technology for B-ISDN and concretely has three research themes as follows ; 1. High-speed transmission technology, 2. Interconnection and internetwork technology between different layers, 3. Traffic control technology. In the last year of this project, we settled the research purpose at the performance improvement of each network and the development of interconnection technology for different layered networks. The following shows the detail of the results of this year.
1. We developed the network simulators for interconnection network system, interconnected very high-speed WAN and high-speed MAN. The simulator was used for the performance evaluation for network control schemes described below.
2. We proposed a new r
outing scheme for broadcasting traffic. The scheme avoids the concentration of packet copy operation in intermediate switching nodes of tree shaped path which connects a source station and receiving stations.
3. We proposed a new routing scheme for many kinds of traffic which requires different grade of service. This scheme uses different cost function for each traffic.
4. We proposed a new access control scheme for ring networks, which introduces priority function to Resolvable Contention Ring scheme. Simulation results showed the scheme is suitable for multi-media environment because it can adjust the performance of each traffic by changing its priority parameter.
5. We analyzed DQDB and suggested a major improvement taking care of fairness among stations.
6. For the traffic control for interconnection networks, we proposed a new scheme for gateways which connect ATM networks and FDDI networks. The scheme is feedback type congestion control and is based on a FDDI transmission unit, a frame. The simulation results showed that the scheme leads no cell loss both inside an ATM network and at a receiving gateway. Less