Grant-in-Aid for Overseas Scientific Survey.
|Research Institution||Tottori University|
KOHMOTO Keisuke Faculty of Agriculture, Tottori University, 農学部, 教授 (80032093)
TURGEON B.G. コーネル大学, 植物病理学科, 上級研究員
WALTON J.D. ミシガン州立大学, DOE―MSU植物研究所, 助教授
BRONSON C.R. アイオア州立大学, 植物病理学科, 助教授
YODER O.C. コーネル大学, 植物病理学科, 教授
柘植 尚志 名古屋大学, 農学部, 助教授 (30192644)
児玉 基一朗 鳥取大学, 農学部, 助手 (00183343)
小林 裕和 静岡県立大学, 食品栄養科学部, 助教授 (80170348)
荒瀬 栄 島根大学, 農学部, 助教授 (40127478)
中島 廣光 鳥取大学, 農学部, 助教授 (40144646)
尾谷 浩 鳥取大学, 農学部, 教授 (50032305)
YURGEON B.G. コーネル大学, 植物病理学科, 上級研究員
TURGEON B. G. Department of Plant Pathology, Cornell University (Senior scientist)
WALTON J. D. DOE-MSU Plant Research Laboratory, Michigan State University (Assit. Professor)
BRONSON C. R. Department of Plant Pathology, Iowa State University (Assistant Professor)
YODER O. C. Department of Plant Pathology, Cornell University (Professor)
KODAMA Motoichiro Faculty of Agriculture, Tottori University (Research Associate)
TSUGE Takashi Faculty of Agriculture, Nagoya University (Assoc. Professor)
ARASE Sakae Faculty of Agriculture, Shimane University (Assoc. Professor)
KOBAYASHI Hirokazu Faculty of Food and Nutrition Sciences, University of Shizuoka (Assoc. Professor
OTANI Hiroshi Faculty of Agriculture, Tottori University (Professor)
NAKAJIMA Hiromitsu Faculty of Agriculture, Tottori University (Assoc. Professor)
|Project Fiscal Year
1990 – 1991
Completed(Fiscal Year 1991)
|Budget Amount *help
¥14,700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥14,700,000)
Fiscal Year 1991 : ¥10,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥10,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1990 : ¥4,700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥4,700,000)
|Keywords||Host-specific toxin / Host-selective toxin / Infection-inducing factor / Toxin receptor / Detoxifying enzyme / Toxin-synthesizing enzyme / Transformation system / Gene for toxin production / 宿主特異的毒素 / 宿主選択的毒素 / 感染誘導因子 / 毒素受容体 / 解毒酵素 / 毒素合成酵素 / トランスホ-メ-ション系 / 毒素生成遺伝子 / 宿生特異的毒素 / 毒素生成酵素 / 毒素解毒酵素 / 病原性遺伝子 / 形質転換系 / Alternaria / Helminthosporium / 受容性誘導 / 形質転換ベクタ-|
l. Occurrence of AM-toxin an ACT-toxin producing Alternaria Alternata in North America : The pathogen for new alternariosis on Delicious lines in North Carolina apple orchards was found to produce AM-toxin I by bioassay and HPLC analysis, and to fall into the apple pathotype of Alternaria alternate.
2. Biochemical analysis revealed that although AK-, ACT-, AM-, ACR- and HMT-toxins have different primary targets in susceptibility genotypes, they exert in common an ability to induce host-specifically the accessibility to invader by nullifying dynamic defense mechanisms in plant cells.
3. Pyricularia oryzae causing rice blast produced an infection-inducing factor on germination, which may involve in establishment of the basic compatability between rice plants and the fungus.
4. Detection and isolation of toxin receptors : (1) Covalent binding sites of victorin (HV-toxin) in oat leaf tissues were detected by polyclonal, antibodies : in vivo binding of victorin to proteins of 100 and 45 Kd was
observed in both susceptible and resistanit cultivars of oats, and also, in vitro binding to 100, 55 and 45 Kd in both genotypes. (2) AK-toxin was found to bind to plasma membranes purified from susceptible cultivar, but not those from resistant, of Japanese pear. To confirm, polyclonal anti-AK-toxin antibodies are raising in rabbits.
5. Cochliobolus carbonum race 1 possesses two multifunctional enzymes required for HC-toxin cyclic peptide synthesis, HTS-1 & HTS-2, which activate-certain member amino acids by ATP/PPI exchange. A partial CDNA clone, encoding HTS-1 (220 kd) was identified using a specific polyclonal anti-HTS-1 antibody and by hybridization, to a synthetic oligonucleotide corresponding to the amino acid sequence of a tryptic peptide of the enzyme. The gene for HTS-1 is part of a contiguous 22 kb of DNA that is present in isolates of the fungus that make HC-toxin and is lacking in those that do not.
6. An efficient integrative transformation system (PDH25rla) for Alternaria alternata was established by using a plasmid vector PDH25 and a highly repetitive ribosomalRNA gene cluster (rDNA) of A. alternata. The transformation occurred by homologous recombination as a single crossover between the plasmid-borne RDNA segment and its homologue in the chromosome.
7. HC-toxin reductase that inactivates HC-toxin at the essential carbonyl group, is detectable only in extracts of maize that are resistant to C. carbonium race 1 (genotype Hm/Hm or Hm/hm). Less