The Study of Water and Carbon Dioxide Circulation over Semi-Arid Fields in China
Grant-in-Aid for Overseas Scientific Survey.
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Okayama University|
OHTAKI Eiji College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, Okayama Univ., Professor, 教養部, 教授 (40033120)
陳 発祖 中国科学院, 地理研究所, 副所長
MIURA Takeshi School of Agriculture, Okayama Univ., Associate Professor, 農学部, 助教授 (60127587)
TSUKAMOTO Osamu College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, Okayama Univ., Associate Professor, 教養部, 助教授 (40027298)
CHEN Fazu Institute of Geography, Assistant Director
|Project Period (FY)
Completed(Fiscal Year 1990)
|Keywords||Carbon dioxide flux / Water vapor flux / Eddy correlation method / Aerodynamic method / Heat balance method|
The scientists of Okayama University in Japan and Institute of Geography in China have planned to make a joint effort on The Study of Water and Carbon Dioxide Circulation over Semi-Arid Fields in China. The results of this program contribute to development of micrometeorology and crop physiology of both countries.
The present program is a preliminary stage of the comprehensive cooperative experiment that may be accepted in near future. In this year, three Japanese scientists visited the Institute of Geography in China from May 30 to June 14 in 1990, and inspected the experimental field of Yucheng Experimental Station situated in the Shatung Province. The field has an area of 5km x 5km. One scientist visited Okayama University from October 1 to 15 in 1990. He joined to the field experiment and workshop held in Okayama University. We discussed about research subjects. Following scientific problems will be solved by the cooperative experiment.
(1) Energy budget over semi-arid field.
(2) Transport mechanisms of water vapor over crop field.
(3) Water distribution over crop field estimated by a remote sensing technique.
(4) Observational study of evaporation and water balance in semi-arid fields.
(5) Study on water requirement and techniques of water-saving irrigation for main crops in semi-arid fields.
(6) Observational study of Km/Kh under advective conditions.
(7) Transport mechanisms of carbon dioxide over crop field.
(8) Observational study of carbon dioxide flux and carbon dioxide budget in semi-arid fields.
(9) Numerical study of atmospheric boundary layer over semi-arid fields.
Research Products (4results)