Grant-in-Aid for Overseas Scientific Survey.
|Research Institution||Hiroshima University|
ODA Toshiatsu Hiroshima University, Faculty of Engineering, Professor, 工学部, 教授 (60034550)
水野 勝弘 カリフォルニア大学(リバーモア), プラズマ物理研究所, 研究主任
HOOPER E.B.J ローレンスリバーモア国立研究所(米国), MTX計画リーダー
多幾山 憲 広島大学, 工学部, 助教授 (40112180)
佐藤 国憲 核融合科学研究所, 助教授 (70126861)
浜本 誠 大分大学, 工学部, 助教授 (30156418)
久保 伸 核融合科学研究所, 助手 (80170025)
池上 英雄 核融合科学研究所, 教授 (10023699)
FOOTE J.H ローレンスリバーモア国立研究所, MTX担当物理研究員
HOOPER Jr. E ローレンスリバーモア国立研究所, MTX物理グループ
大後 忠志 福岡教育大学, 教育学部, 助教授 (70160463)
MIZUNO Katsuhiro University of California, Plasma Physics Research Institute, Livermore, Chief Ph
FOOTE J.H. Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, MTX Physicist
HOOPER Jr .E.B. Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, MTX Physics Leader
TAKIYAMA Ken Hiroshima University, Faculty of Engineering, Associate Professor
OHGO Tadashi Fukuoka University of Education, Faculty of Education, Associate professor
IKEGAMI Hideo National Institute for Fusion Science, Professor
SATO Kuninori National Institute for Fusion Science, Associate Professor
|Project Fiscal Year
1990 – 1992
Completed(Fiscal Year 1992)
|Budget Amount *help
¥9,700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥9,700,000)
Fiscal Year 1992 : ¥3,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,500,000)
Fiscal Year 1991 : ¥3,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,500,000)
Fiscal Year 1990 : ¥2,700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,700,000)
|Keywords||Plasma Heating / Electron Cyclotron Resonance / Free Electron Laser / Electric Field Measurements / Laser-Induced Flourescence Method / Neutral Particle Beam / Stark Effect / プラズマ加熱 / 電子サイクロトロン共鳴 / 自由電子レーザー / 電場分布計測 / レーザー誘起蛍光法 / 中性粒子ビーム / シュタルク効果 / 自由電子レ-ザ- / マイクロ波電場分布計測 / レ-ザ-応用粒子プロ-ブ分光 / 大電力マイクロ波電場|
1. We have developed a diagnostic system using laser-aided particle-probe spectroscopy (LAPPS) to measure the high power microwave (>1 GW) generated by a free electron laser (FEL) beam for the ECH study in the Microwave Tokamak Experiment (MTX) at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory. In this diagnostics we observe flourescences induced by the forbidden transitions due to the Stark effect from the helium metastable atoms to determine the electric field strength in the plasma.
2. We designed the diagnostic apparatus after detailed discussions about the specifications of the apparatus. It consists of a neutral helium beam (50keV, 0.2A), a excimer-laser excited dye laser exciting the neutral beam, and a spectroscopic system with two channels of light detector.
3. In the assembled apparatus, we have measured the triplet metastable atom density in the LAPPS helium beam. To avoid stray light due to the laser (389 nm, 2^3S*3^3P), we also observed a cascade flourescence (706 nm, 3^3S*2^3S)
to measure the matastable atom density.
4. We measured the vxB field by raising the forbidden transition (2^3S*3^3D) due to the motional Stark effect when the 45-keV helium beam crossed the MTX magnetic field (the calculated field was 96 kV/cm) to calibrate the FEL electric field measurements.
5. We measured the FEL electric-field in vacuum by a similar way as for the vxB field measurement except that we had to extract large background light produced by a wide-wavelength-band light burst that occurred when the FEL pulse reached the MTX tokamak. This is the first time to measure the high power FEL electric-field in the center of tokamak chamber, and the measured result (200 kV/cm) is helpful as a standard to measure the FEL absorption in the plasma.
6. Because of time constraints caused by long elapse for the development of FEL, the measurement of the FEL electric-field in the MTX plasma was not made. In conclusion, our Joint Research was fruitful in that we developed the diagnostic system as the first time to measure the electric field in the tokamak plasma and observed the high power microwave of an order of 1 GW. Less