Research Study for the Construction of a Superconducting Large Helical Device
Grant-in-Aid for international Scientific Research
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||National Institute for Fusion Science|
MOTOJIMA Osamu National Institute for Fusion Science, 教授 (60109056)
WOLFF S. Deutsches Electronen Synchrotron, HERAマグネットグ
GLUKHIKH V. A. Efremov Scientific Research Institute of Electrophysical Apparatus, 所長
TURCK B. Centre d'Etudes Nucleaires de Cadarache, 主任研究員
PERIN Romeo European Organization for Nuclear Research, LHCマグネットグル
RENNER N. Max-Plank-Institute fur Plasmaphysik, 主任研究員
DESPORTE Henri Centre d'Etudes Nucleaires de Saclay, 低温, 超伝導技術部長
LUBELL M. S. Oak Ridge National Laboratory, 核融合部長
IWASA Y. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 主任研究員
IWANOV D. P. Kurchatov Institute of Atomic Energy, トカマク部門長
PAVLICHENKO O. Kharkov Physics Technical Institute, プラズマ核融合部長
REED R. P. National Institute of Standards and Technology, 破壊強度研究部長
KOMAREK Peter Kernforschungszentrum Karlsruhe, 超伝導工業物理研究所
YANAGI Nagato National Institute for Fusion Science, 助手 (70230258)
TAKAHATA Kazuya National Institute for Fusion Science, 助手 (10216773)
TSUKAMOTO Osami Yokohama National University, 工学部, 教授 (30017975)
TAKEO Masakatsu Kyusyu University, 工学部, 教授 (70037951)
NISHIMURA Arata National Institute for Fusion Science, 助教授 (60156099)
SATO Takashi National Institute for Fusion Science, 助教授 (80225961)
MITO Toshiyuki National Institute for Fusion Science, 助教授 (10166069)
YAMAMOTO Junya National Institute for Fusion Science, 教授 (00029208)
PERIN R. 原子核共同研究所(欧州), LHCマグネットグル
住吉 文夫 鹿児島大学, 工学部, 助教授 (20136526)
|Project Period (FY)
1990 – 1991
Completed(Fiscal Year 1991)
|Budget Amount *help
¥8,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥8,500,000)
Fiscal Year 1991 : ¥4,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥4,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1990 : ¥4,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥4,500,000)
|Keywords||Superconductor / Large Helical Device / Superconducting Magnet / Supercritical Helium / Cryogenic Structural Material / 核融合 / プラズマ / 低温 / LHD / 超伝導導体|
The Large Helical Device will have superconducting helical coils and poloidal coils and operated at cryogenic temperature. In order to design and fabricate the LHD, the field research of a cryogenic device technology for large superconducting apparatus has been carried out as a joint research program. The countries researched are USA, CIS (Old name : USSR), Germany and France. The main research field has been classified into the following 5 large groups.
(1) The total systems of large superconducting facilities such as Superconducting Tokamak Device (T-15) in CIS and Superconducting Collider (HERA) in Germany were researched. And the operation system was discussed.
(2) The development status in the forced flow type and pool boiling type superconductors were researched, because the forced flow type superconductor will be used for poloidal coils and pool boiling type will be done for helical coils in the LHD. In foreign countries, the forced flow type superconductors are mainly planned to apply on large superconducting facilities, because its electric insulation is easier and the high strength can be expected. But at the same time, it is clear that there are many problems to be developed such as the insulation mechanism, reducing the heat input and consist materials to support the superconductors against large electro-magnetic force.
(3) The large cryogenic system of TORE-SUPRA in France was researched, where the super fluid helium cooling system was in operation. And many items including the element technology was discussed.
(4) The cryogenic materials and structures are researched. The austenitic stainless steel is available for the LHD, but the mechanical properties of weldments, especially the fracture toughness, must be ensured.
(5) The long range operation records of large cryogenic systems are very few in the world. Most of the initial troubles in Oak Ridge National Laboratory and Fermi National Laboratory have been observed during 2 years after being in operation.
Research Products (6results)