ZWIRNER Fabio CERN, Theory Division, Professor, 理論部, 教授
ALVAREZ-GAUME Louis CERN, Theory Division, Professor, 理論部, 教授
VENEZIANO gabriel CERN, Theory Division, Professor, 理論部, 教授
ELLIS John CERN, Theory Division, Professor, 理論部, 主任教授
KATO Akishi University of Tokyo, Faculty of Science, Research Associate, 理学部, 助手 (10211848)
OGAWA Kaku University of Tokyo, Faculty of Science, Research Associate, 理学部, 助手 (90194430)
KAWAI Hikaru University of Tokyo, Faculty of Science, Associate Professor, 理学部, 助教授 (80211176)
KAZAMA Yoichi University of Tokyo, College of Arts and Sciences, Associate Professor, 教養学部, 助教授 (60144317)
EGUCHI Tohru University of Tokyo, Faculty of Science, Professor, 理学部, 教授 (20151970)
NARAIN Kumar 欧州原子核研究機構, 理論部, 研究員
SCHELLEKENS バート 欧州原子核研究機構, 理論部, 研究員
ALTARELLI Gu 欧州原子核研究機構, 理論部, 教授
MARTIN Andre 欧州原子核研究機構, 理論部, 教授
JACOB Mauric 欧州原子核研究機構, 理論部, 教授
ALVAREZ Gaum 欧州原子核研究機構, 理論部, 教授
北沢 良久 東京大学, 理学部, 助手 (10195258)
|Budget Amount *help
¥4,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥4,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1991 : ¥2,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,200,000)
Fiscal Year 1990 : ¥1,800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,800,000)
1. Igi and Hikasa (KEK) determined the partial-wave amplitudes of W_LW_L scattering process by imposing two general properties - Higgs dominance and low energy theorem based on broken chiral symmetry. They found that their prediction coincide with the standard model calculation when the Higgs self-coupling lambda is small, whereas the discrepancy becomes large when lambda becomes large.
2. Zwirner et al calculated the one-loop radioative corrections to the mass of the neutral Higgs boson in the minimal supersymmetric extension of the standard model. They delineate the domains of parameter space accessible at LEP I and at LEP II.
3. Recently Witten showed that the two-dimensional black-hole can be consistently described by a solvable conformal field theory-gauged Wess-Zumino-Witten (WZW) model. In the vicinity of singular points, this model approaches the topological field theory which describe flat U(1)gauge fields. Eguchi studied this phenomenon by "twisting" the supersymmetric extensio
n of the WZW model. He showed that space-time singularity is nothing but the fixed point of BRS symmetry, and is naturally described by topological theories.
4. Conventionally topological conformal field theories are obtained from N=2 superconformal models, notably the Kazama-Suzuki models, by a procedure called "twisting" developed by Eguchi and Yang. Recently, however, by studying the general structure of topological conformal algebra (TCA), Kazama discovered a new type of TCA and thereby, widened the scope of topological conformal theories. He also showed that this novel algebra arises from a system possessing a hidden N=1 superconformal symmetry by "twisting"
5. Kawai et al studied the Schwinger-Dyson equation of generating function in the theory of random surfaces, which describes two-dimensional gravity in the continuum limit. They found a hidden W_* symmetry in two-dimensional quantum gravity or string theory, and showed the equivalence of the Schwinger-Dyson equation and the formal Virasoro vacuum conditions. Less