Paleomagnetic study on evolution of Qinling orogenic belt
Grant-in-Aid for international Scientific Research
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Section||University-to-University Cooperative Research|
|Research Institution||Kobe University|
YASUKAWA Katsumi Kobe University, 理学部, 教授 (20020084)
LIU Yuyan China University of Geosciences (Wuhan), 副教授
YANG Weiran China University of Geosciences (Wuhan), 教授
YAMAGUCHI Satoru Kobe University, 理学部, 講師 (70191228)
HYODO Masayuki Kobe University, 理学部, 助手 (60183919)
INOKUCHI Hiroo Kobe University, 理学部, 助手 (40112073)
NAKAMURA Noboru Kobe University, 理学部, 教授 (90030791)
UI Tadahide Kobe University, 理学部, 教授 (10007164)
FUJII Naoyuki Kobe University (Now Nagoya University), 理学部(現在,名古屋大学), 教授 (60011631)
GOTO Hiroya Kobe University, 大学教育研究センター, 教授 (00031344)
|Project Period (FY)
1990 – 1992
Completed(Fiscal Year 1992)
|Budget Amount *help
¥6,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥6,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1992 : ¥2,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1991 : ¥2,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1990 : ¥2,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,000,000)
|Keywords||Palaeomagnetism / North China Block / South China Block / Qinling Fold Belt / Collision / Accretion / Rotation / Palaeolatitude / 古地磁気学 / 古生代 / 中生代 / 中国大陸の形成史 / 堆積岩 / 地質学 / 地質調査 / 地球化学 / 仮想古地磁気極|
In order to clarify the tectonic development of China, palaeomagnetic studies have been done these three years. More than 1,000 oriented rock-core samples were collected from the North and the South China Block and also the Qinling Fold Belt area between them. Almost all the formations, from which the samples were collected, belong to the Palaeozoic era but Mesozoic and a few are Precambrian. The results obtained by the palaeomagnetic analyses show the following facts :
(1) The mean latitudes of the North China Block, the South China Block and the Proto-Qinling Belt in Cambrian time are 0.4ﾟS, 17.0ﾟS and 5.5ﾟS respectively.
(2) The collision of the South China Block against the North China Block occurred at the eastern end of the boundary between these blocks and the connection between both Blocks progressed toward the west in company with the 60ﾟ clockwise rotation of the South China Block to the North China Block.
(3) The accretion of the South China Block to the North China Block took place in early Triassic.
(4) The accretion of the Proto-Qinling Fold Belt to the North China Block had finished before the Cambrian, so they have drifted northward as one united body during whole Phanerozoic time.
(5) The subducting motion of the South China Block under the Proto-Qinling Belt began in the Cambrian time and finished in the Triassic time.
Research Output (10results)