Grant-in-Aid for Co-operative Research (A)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
Education on school subjects and activities
|Research Institution||Hiroshima University|
ISHIDA Tadao Hiroshima Univ. Faculty of Education Associate Pro., 教育学部, 助教授 (90034818)
KUNIOKA Takahiro Hyogo Univ. of Teacher Edu. Reseach Associate, 学校教育学部, 助手 (10205106)
KOYAMA Masataka Hiroshima Univ. Faculty of Edu. Lecturer, 教育学部, 講師 (30186837)
KUNIMOTO Keiyu Kouchi Univ. Faculty of Edu. Associate Pro., 教育学部, 助教授 (10144792)
IWASAKI Hideki Hiroshima Univ. Faculty of School Edu. Associate Pro., 学校教育学部, 助教授 (50116539)
SHIGEMATSU Keiichi Nara Edu. Univ. Faculty of Edu. Associate Pro., 教育学部, 助教授 (40116281)
岩合 一男 広島大学, 教育学部, 教授 (40036629)
|Project Period (FY)
1990 – 1991
Completed(Fiscal Year 1991)
|Budget Amount *help
¥1,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,500,000)
Fiscal Year 1991 : ¥1,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,500,000)
|Keywords||Expression / Representation / Manipulative Rep. / Pictorial Rep. / Symbolic Rep. / Antonymous adjectives / Fundamental Quadrilateral / Understanding / 基本的対四角形 / 表現体系 / 表現様式 / 現実的表現 / 言語的表現|
The aims of this research are summarized as follows.
1. To classify and systematize various representations in mathematics teaching.
2. To research children's understanding process about various representations.
3. To study functional roles of representations and their practical principles in the lessons of mathematics.
The main results and findings in this study are as follows.
(1) The representational modes in mathematics teaching are classified into the five categories - namely, "Realistic representation", "Manipulative representation", "Pictorial representation", "Language representation" and "Symbolic representation".
(2) The characteristics of each representational modes are clarified in view of symbolic and cognitive stand.
(3) The authors showed functional roles of representations and their practical principles in the lessons of mathematics.
For example, in principle, the five representational modes are used by the order of "Realistic representation", "Manipulative representation', "Pictorial representation", "Language representation" and "Symbolic representation" in the lessons of mathematics.
(4) Children understand differently the antonymous adjectives such as "long - short".
(5) "Operative sheets of figures " and "Method of figurative proof" are devised.