Grant-in-Aid for Co-operative Research (A)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Kyoto University|
KAMEDA Hiroyuki Kyoto Univ., DPRI, Professor, 防災研究所, 教授 (80025949)
HAYASHI Haruo Hiroshima Univ., Faculty of Integrated Arts and Science, Associate Professor, 総合科学部, 助教授 (20164949)
KOBAYASHI Masami Kyoto Univ., Faculty of Engineering, Associate Professor, 工学部, 助教授 (50109021)
IWAI Satoshi Kyoto Univ., DPRI, Research Associate, 防災研究所, 助手 (60184850)
TAKADA Shiro Kobe Univ., Faculty of Engineering, Associate Professor, 工学部, 助教授 (40027280)
IZUMI Masanori Tohoku Univ., Faculty of Engineering, Professor, 工学部, 教授 (10005506)
北浦 勝 金沢大学, 工学部, 教授 (70026269)
|Project Period (FY)
1990 – 1991
Completed(Fiscal Year 1991)
|Budget Amount *help
¥3,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1991 : ¥1,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,100,000)
Fiscal Year 1990 : ¥1,900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,900,000)
|Keywords||Lifeline Systems / System Interactions in Earthquake Disaster / Urban Earthquake Disaster Prevention / システム相互連関|
1. Following results have been obtained regarding the system interactions and societal impacts of lifeline damage under earthquake emergency.
(1) An analytical method have been developed for seismic risk assessment of lifelines under system interactions. Indices for evaluation of system performance were proposed to be used in application of the analytical method.
(2) A method has been developed for evaluation of factors affecting the seismic damage of buried pipelines by means of a neural network approach.
(3) Interactions of lifeline damage and its societal impact was investigated on the basis of the reported news on the Typhoon 9119.
(4) Implications of lifeline damage with building structures were made clear from the damage data on the 1989 Loma Prieta Earthquake.
2. Following works were conducted regarding case studies.
(1) Seismic risk assessment was performed under the interactions between water supply and power supply systems on the basis of a system model constructed from the water supply system for Osaka City.
(2) A case study was performed on regional risk assessment with earthquake disaster interactions applied to Kanazawa City.
(3) Issues of evacuation simulation were discussed for safety design of underground activity spaces.
3. Based on the foregoing accomplishments, comprehensive discussion was made on the system interactions of lifelines under earthquakes and on the framework of earthquake countermeasures.