Grant-in-Aid for Co-operative Research (A)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Kagoshima University|
MATSUSHITA Toshio Kagoshima University, Faculty of Medicine, Professor, 医学部, 教授 (10022790)
HARA Ichiro Osaka Prefectural Service Center for Workers'Health, Non-Regular employee, 勤労者健康サービスセンター, 嘱託 (10148497)
NOMURA SHIGERU The institute for Science of Labor, Chief Research, 主管 (80040137)
MORIMOTO Kanehisa Osaka University, Medical School, Professor, 医学部, 教授 (20143414)
SHIMA Syogo Fujima Health University School of Medicine, Professor, 医学部, 教授 (40084511)
SAKURAI Haruhiko Keio University, School of Medicine, Professor, 医学部, 教授 (70051357)
|Project Period (FY)
1990 – 1991
Completed(Fiscal Year 1991)
|Budget Amount *help
¥8,900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥8,900,000)
Fiscal Year 1991 : ¥4,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥4,500,000)
Fiscal Year 1990 : ¥4,400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥4,400,000)
|Keywords||Occupational allergy / Sensitizers / Lifestyle / Metal / Silane / Cobalt / Patch test / Immunotoxicity|
We investigated the following items for two years, and could obtain some useful informations.
1. Studies on the factors related to occurrence of occupational allergy :
(1) The special characters of working place which will occur occupational allergy frequently were surveyed from a case study.
(2) The relationship between outbreak of occupational allergy and lifestyle factors of the workers was analyzed quantitatively in workers exposed to as a model.
(3) Quantitative evaluation of stimulation for respiratory tract was undertaken using silane by mice inhalation test.
(4) Immunotoxicity of allergic metals was studied using DNA synthesis of mouse spleen cell, LTT index, and NK activity. The degree was estimated to be Be>Ni*Pt>Co>Zr, in the order.
(5) Studies of skin allergy :
1) Evaluation of patch testing and its related problems were studied using monobenzene for a model.
2) The conditions and factors related to the outbreak of allergic diseases from pesticides were clarified by an epidemiological study.
2. Studies on the preventive measures against occupational allergy :
1) Effective prevention of occupational allergy : as it is difficult in small factories to improve their working environment, the most important points for workers will be to inform dangerous character of their materials and to carry out effective education and training.
2) From relationship between occupational allergy and lifestyle factors : it is necessary for atopic workers to improve their lifestyles as well as improve their working environment.
3) From study on the occurrence of allergic diseases from pesticides : it was clarified that many farmers using pesticides were lacking for wearing their good preventive clothes and devices. Then, it is important to carry out their health education effectively.