Study on the suppport for medical decision making and its evaluations.
Grant-in-Aid for Co-operative Research (A)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Osaka University|
INOUE Michitoshi Osaka University Hospital, Professor, 医学部・附属病院, 教授 (30028401)
SATOMURA Yoichi Chiba Univeristy Hospital Professor, 医学部附属病院, 教授 (10009582)
KAIHARA Shigekoto Tokyo University Hospital Professor, 医学部附属病院, 教授 (30010234)
NOSE Yoshiaki Kyushu Univeristy Hospital Professor, 医学部附属病院, 教授 (20038920)
TAKAHASHI Takashi Kyoto Univeristy Hospital Professor, 医学部附属病院, 教授 (40055992)
TAKEDA Hiroshi Osaka Univeristy Hospital, Associate Professor, 医学部附属病院, 助教授 (20127252)
|Project Period (FY)
1990 – 1991
Completed(Fiscal Year 1991)
|Budget Amount *help
¥4,300,000 (Direct Cost : ¥4,300,000)
Fiscal Year 1991 : ¥2,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,200,000)
Fiscal Year 1990 : ¥2,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,100,000)
|Keywords||Medical Informatics / Computer Network / Hospital Information System / Database / Expert System / Standardization|
Results of the cooperative study for two years am as follow ;
1) UMIN (University hospital's Medical Information Network) has been developed and database management system is constructed to be utilized under network environment.
2) Methodology for integration of clinical data to support doctors' decision making has been studied. One of the difficulties for the integration is to manage image data (X-ray images etc.) which are generally treated with PACS (Picture Archiving and Communication System). Some prototypes of PACS were developed and evaluated clinically.
3) Standardization and unification of medical data were discussed and UMLS (Unified Medical Language System) in the USA was introduced to medical informatics in Japan.
4) Organ transplantation networks were lied to be constructed in some regions as a model of multi-user oriented database and interhospital computer network.
5) Some examples of application of medical informatics were studied.
Order entry and reporting system in hopital information system were developed.
Artifical intelligence was applied to some expert system in medical care.
Research Products (15results)