Schematization of Japanese Cultural-Artistic Information and the Practical Way of Surveys
Grant-in-Aid for Co-operative Research (A)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Waseda University, School of Political Science and Economics|
NAGAYAMA Sadanori Waseda University, Professor, 政治経済学部, 客員教授 (60208056)
ARIMA Masahiro Kobe University of Commerce, Associate Professor, 商経学部, 助教授 (00151184)
MATSUDA Yoshiro Hitotsubashi University, Professor, 経済研究所, 教授 (30002976)
ORIHASHI Tetsuhiko Kanto Gakuin University, Professor, 法学部, 教授 (60064078)
SHIMIZU Hiroyuki Nagoya Univerisity, Associate Professor, 工学部, 助教授 (30187463)
MORIYA Hideo Chiba University, Professor, 工学部, 教授 (90125964)
|Project Period (FY)
1990 – 1991
Completed(Fiscal Year 1991)
|Budget Amount *help
¥13,800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥13,800,000)
Fiscal Year 1991 : ¥5,800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥5,800,000)
Fiscal Year 1990 : ¥8,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥8,000,000)
|Keywords||System of Cultural Statistics / Performing Arts / Linkage of Plural Surveys / Theatres and Halls / 劇場・公共ホ-ル / 若年層の芸術意識 / 経術家の経暦形形成 / 芸術家の生活条件 / 聴衆者調査 / 演奏団体の経営調査|
We have investigated a system of cultural statistics as satellite accounting system such as SNA and/or SSDS. The main findings from the review are as follows :
1. Most of the Performing arts consist of performances produced by non-profit organizations and, as a result, non-positive profit is obtained and requires subsidy of transfer from other sectors. However, most of the performances themselves are apt to make this deficit as small as possible by inputting their labour in the form of unpaid voluntary work. This entails it difficult to figure out total cost and output of such performances.
2. As to the evaluation of performing arts the direct cost and labour input requires careful treatment. Recent tendency is to entrust major parts of the service production to sub-contractors. As a result the balance sheets of the performances can not be divided into direct cost and labour input.
3. The stock aspects of cultural statistics have another problem. Most of the non-profit organization prefer to produce their performances at public halls. However, such public halls are mainly constructed by government finance accounting system. There is admitted no depreciation allowance. This makes it very difficult the evaluations of the total production costs.
Along with the theoretical review and collection government statistics of the system of cultural statistics, we have accumulated survey data to fill the shortage of government statistics. Our project covers the data as follows :
(1) supply side data based on the surveys on (a) income and expenditure of artists and on (b) their carrier formation,
(2) demand side data consisting of the surveys on (a) students attendance and concerns about performing arts and other cultural activities, and (b) audience survey of orchestra concerts,
(3) survey as to the stock aspects are abort halls and theaters.
We are now coupling the survey results and government survey data into one integrated system of cultural affairs statistics.
Research Output (21results)