Grant-in-Aid for Co-operative Research (A)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Keio University|
WABANABE Itaru Keio Univ., Emeritus Professor, 名誉教授 (10050858)
HARADA Hiroshi Univ. Tsukuba, Biology, Professor, 生物科学系, 教授 (90015991)
OKADA Yoshio Osaka Univ., Emeritus Professor, 名誉教授 (30029756)
IKAWA Yoji Tokyo Med. Den. Univ., Fac. Med., Prof., 医学部, 教授 (40085618)
IINO Tetsuo Waseda Univ., Sch. Human Sci., Professor, 人間科学部, 教授 (80011667)
AOKI Kiyoshi Sophia Univ., Fac. Sci. Tech., Professor, 理工学部, 教授 (70101029)
溝渕 潔 東京大学, 理学部, 助教授 (00092346)
堀田 凱樹 東京大学, 理学部, 教授 (30010036)
伊藤 正男 理化学研究所, グループディレクター (90009887)
|Project Fiscal Year
1990 – 1992
Completed(Fiscal Year 1992)
|Keywords||bioscience / DNA experiment / guideline / biotechnology / training course / recombinant DNA / human genome / genetic diseases / 安全指針 / バイオトレーニングコース / ヒト・ゲノム / 安全審査 / cDNA / バイオトレ-ニングコ-ス|
The research group studying the facilitation of research and education in bioscience in Japan headed by Dr. Itaru Watanabe since 1990 is investigating the currently active areas of study in bioscience in order to show the importance and urgent need for research on specific problems of bioscience.
The topics studying in the facilitation of bioscience are presented in 9 issues as follows.
1) The present systems and facilities of research and education in bioscience are surveyed in universities, colleges and research institutes of the Japan since 1990.
2) The references and academic policy in Ministry of Education, Science and Culture (Monbusho) with respect to recombinant DNA experiments are presented in surveyed and evaluated.
3) The trends of DNA research of the Japan and developed foreign counties were surveyed and reported by headed Dr. Aoki and Mr. Ohyama since 1986.
4) The current research activities in DNA research center in universities and research institutes are prepared reciprocal
network of research systems.
5) The future plan of course and policy of research and education have been established.
6) The training course of bioscience and biotechnology in Tsukuba University and National Institute of Basic Biology were opened the students and were supported under the sponsorship of Monbusho research project since 1986.
7) The historical background of guidelines of Monbusho on the study of the recombinant DNA experiment were surveyed and reported by Dr. Iino and his coworkers since 1979.
8) When the plants and animals making by the manipulation of DNA will be released from laboratory to nature, the safety of these plants and animals was discussed and investigated with respect to recombinant DNA techniques and its progress.
9) As the development of DNA technologies and the human genome research is concentrated much more on the treatment of genetic diseases, we have investigated safety of the basic study of the genetic treatment and also investigated the study in experimental animals making by DNA technologies. Less