Grant-in-Aid for Co-operative Research (A).
|Research Institution||National Institute for Educational Research (NIER)|
KAJITA Miharu NIER, Research Department of Lifelong Learning, Chief of Division, 生涯学習研究部・社会教育研究室, 室長 (30110092)
新井 郁男 上越教育大学, 副学長 (30000061)
山本 恒夫 筑波大学, 教育学系, 教授 (20008733)
TANAKA Masafumi NIER, Ditto, Senior Researcher, 生涯学習研究部・生涯学習体系研究室, 主任研究官 (10217078)
YAMADA Tatsuo NIER, Ditto, Chief of Division, 生涯学習研究部・生涯学習体系研究室, 室長 (90047887)
KAWANOBE Satoshi NIER, Ditto, Director, 生涯学習研究部, 部長 (10000001)
KANAZAWA Yasuko NIER, Ditto, Researcher, 生涯学習研究部・社会教育研究室, 研究員 (50124178)
YAMAMOTO Yoshihiro NIER, Ditto, Senior Researcher, 生涯学習研究部・生涯学習内容・評価研究室, 主任研究官 (50135646)
|Project Fiscal Year
1990 – 1992
Completed(Fiscal Year 1992)
|Keywords||Lifelong learning / Demand for learning / Learning awareness / Adult education / Company employees / Company employers / Off-job-training / Culture center / 生涯学習 / 学習需要 / 学習荷識 / 成人教育 / 企業従業員 / 企業事業主 / オーフ・ジョブ・トレイニング / カルチャー・センター / 学習意識 / 成人 / オ-フ・ジョブ・トレイニング / 学習ニ-ズ / 企業 / オフ・ザ・ジョブ・トレイニング|
(1) This project is intended to investigate the learning situation of adults in their family life and workplace, particularly experiences of and demands for learning so that the research results may be utilized by program providers in both public and private sectors.
(2) Three sets of questionnaire were developed for each of the target populations, namely, a random sample of 7,200 subjects of the over 20s adults in the five prefectures with four types of towns and cities from each prefecture; a random sample of 1,500 companies classified according to size and type of business; and 12,000 employees, 8 per company, divided according to age. Very instructive results have been obtained by the survey such as:
(3) The percentage of respondents who had experienced some kind of learning was found to be over 80%, and the major scope of learning covered hobbies, sports and health-care, all of which were of non-vocational nature.
(4) Those who were at their special life-stage such as in the periods of child-rearing and/or having old family members to be attended on showed a lower rate of learning experience. These factors seemed to have played the role of impediment to learning.
(5) Regarding the support system for the personal development of company employees, " financial assistance for course participants," " considerate attitude regarding time off," and "salary improvement based on the results of personal development" were relatively high.
(6) Expectations of " various courses related to work duties and qualifications and short courses both conducted in institutions of higher education" were very high.