Grant-in-Aid for General Scientific Research (A)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Fukushima Medical College|
WAKASA Haruki Medicine Professor, 医学部・第1病理, 教授 (30004568)
若狹 治毅 福島県立医科大学, 医学, 教授
NOZAWA Yoshihiro Medicine Associate, 医学部・第1病理, 助手 (40208343)
TOMINAGA Kunihiko MEdicine Instructor, 医学部・第1病理, 講師 (20145626)
HOJO Hiroshi Medicine Instructor, 医学部・第1病理, 講師 (90209213)
ABE Masafumi Medicine Assist Professor, 医学部・第1病理, 助教授 (00045783)
浅野 重之 福島県立医科大学, 医学部, 助教授 (00045791)
|Project Period (FY)
1990 – 1993
Completed(Fiscal Year 1993)
|Budget Amount *help
¥14,400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥14,400,000)
Fiscal Year 1993 : ¥700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥700,000)
Fiscal Year 1992 : ¥600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥600,000)
Fiscal Year 1991 : ¥1,400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,400,000)
Fiscal Year 1990 : ¥11,700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥11,700,000)
|Keywords||B Lymphoma / Mantle Zone Lmphocytes / bcl-1 and bcl-2 Genes / CD5 / Lymphatic Follicle / Diffuse Medium-Sized Lymphoma / Follicular Medium-Sized Lymphoma / 組織発生 / MALToma / CD10 / ICAM-1 / LFA-1 / 遺伝子再構成 / マントル層 / 濾胞中心細胞 / 単クロ-ン抗体 / 接着分子 / 悪性リンパ腫 / bclー1 / bclー2|
Cytologic and histologic features in B cell lymphomas are observed according to the development and maturation of B lymphocytes. B cell lymphomas are most frequently observed in peripheral lymphoid tissues, particulary in the lymph nodes, gastrointestinal tract et al.
1) It has been said that diffuse medium-sized (small cleaved) cell lymphoma is considered as a diffuse change from follicular lymphoma, small cleaved. It is, however, that a distinct lymphoma derived from mantle zone lymphocytes has been clear and is characterized by the presence of combination of CD5, IgD and alkaline phosphatase.
2) The primary follicles appear as a small nodule of lymphocytic aggregation beneath the capsule in the 16th week of gestational age. The lymphocytes forming the nodule are positive for CD5 and 30-40% in frequency, and a small number of the lymphocytes are also positive for IgD or alkaline phosphatase.
3) After birth, the lymphocytes of primary follicle move to mantle zone lymphocytes having simil
ar markers to above. Mantle zone lymphocytes are divided into two layrs, inner and outer. In inner layr, the Lymphocytes are positive for both CD5, IgD, and those of outer layr are positive for alkaline phosphatase and also positive for CD5 in a small number. Mantle zone lymphoma derived distinctly from mantle zone lymphocytes is often characterized by the presence of remaining germinal centers. The growth pattern of mantle zone lymphoma is observed from pseudofollicular to diffuse.
4) Follicular lymphomas of different cytologic types are usually positive for CD10, which is always negative in mantle zone lymphomas.
5) MALToma proposed by Isaacson is considered to arise from mainly outer layr of mantle zone lymphocytes.
6) Genotypical analysis show that rearrangements of bcl-1 bcl-2 have close correlation with mantle zone and follicular lymphomas, respectively. It is necessary to study further on the role and function of mantle zone lymphocytes including the recirculation of the lymphocytes. Less