|Budget Amount *help
¥4,800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥4,800,000)
Fiscal Year 1991 : ¥1,900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,900,000)
Fiscal Year 1990 : ¥2,900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,900,000)
The global warming rate in the past century was about 0.7 degree Celcius. On the contrary, the urban warming rate, for example in Tokyo was about 7 degree Celcius during the past century, which is one-order of magnitude higher than the global warming rate. This fact simply indicates the importance of controlling urban environment including urban warming, air pollution (NO_x, CO, CO_2, ., particulate), and transportation.
The following conclusions may be drawn from the present study.
(1) Three-dimensional computer program was developed for urban warming(heat island), which describes the flow, energy, and mass (concentration transport in the urban atmospheric boundary layer.)
(2) The ambient temperature near the ground surface was measured via field observation method using automobiles. Tokyo metropolitan area and Sendai urban area were selected for this field observation.
(3) The effect of reduction of air pollutant emission in the urban atmosphere was clarified by the between dimesional simulation. A significant reduction of maximum concentration of CO was seen, therefore indicating the importance of introducing of the super energy efficient vehicles in the urban area.
(4) The surface ambient temperature distribution was obtained via the remote sensing data provided by LANDSAT-TM6.
(5) The prediction of urban warming in the year of 2030-2060 in Tokyo was done by 3-D supercomputing using the computer code developed in this study. The prediction indicates that the ambient temperature at 18 : 00 in summer exceeds 40ﾟC, which would be fatal environment for the people who lives in Tokyo.