Development of A New DC Compound Motor for the Electric Car
Grant-in-Aid for Developmental Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||KYOTO UNIVERSITY|
ABE Minoru Kyoto Univ., Facul. of Eng., Professor, 工学部, 教授 (60025898)
ASO Takehiko Kyoto Univ., Facul. of Eng., As. Professor, 工学部, 助教授 (10026255)
|Project Period (FY)
1990 – 1992
Completed(Fiscal Year 1992)
|Budget Amount *help
¥4,300,000 (Direct Cost : ¥4,300,000)
Fiscal Year 1992 : ¥300,000 (Direct Cost : ¥300,000)
Fiscal Year 1991 : ¥1,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,200,000)
Fiscal Year 1990 : ¥2,800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,800,000)
|Keywords||Electric car / High-efficiency dc compound motor / Power diode bridge / Regenerating brake / Solar car / Chopper control of the motor / 電気自動車 / 高効率直流複卷電動機 / パワ-ダイオ-ドブリッジ / ソ-ラ-カ-|
1. In 1990:-
(1) A new-type high efficiency dc compound motor for the electric car was developed. Since the series winding of this motor accompanies with a power-diode bridge, the motor works as the cumulative compound motor both in driving mode and regenerating mode. Therefore, the efficiency of this new motor is higher comparing with the customary shunt motor.
(2) The experimental car body was obtained.
2. In 1991:-
(1) The driving controller of the above new motor composed of the power semiconductor devices was developed.
(2) Using this controller the experimental driving tests were carried out.
(3) In parallel, the simulation studies of the driving characteristics were carried out.
3. In 1992:-
(1) The experimental driving tests and the simulation work were continued.
(2) As the result, it was proved that the efficiency of the developed new motor is about 30% higher than the customary shunt motor.
These results will be appeared in the suitable transactions in 1993.
Research Output (2results)