The Study On the Structure of Mutual Understandings in the Adjustment Processes by the Foreign Students
Grant-in-Aid for General Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Toyo-Eiwa Women's University(1991)|
Tokyo Institute of Technology(1990)
HARA Yoshio Toyo-Eiwa Women's University, Dept. of Humanities, Professor, 人文学部, 教授 (30016331)
YANO Masakazu Tokyo Institute of Technology, Dept. of Social Engineering, Professor, 工学部, 教授 (30016521)
山本 譲 東京工業大学, 工学部, 助手 (10210569)
|Project Period (FY)
1990 – 1991
Completed(Fiscal Year 1991)
|Budget Amount *help
¥2,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1991 : ¥600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥600,000)
Fiscal Year 1990 : ¥1,400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,400,000)
|Keywords||Foreign students problem / mutual understandings / Intercultural adjustment|
1. We conducted six questionaire surveys :
1) " Chinese students in Japanese universities."
2) " Chinese returnees from studying Japanese universities."
3) " Foreign students at Japanese universities."
4) " Foreign students at graduate school level "
5) " Foreign students at undergraduate level "
6) " Foreign students at freshman's level "
Results of Those six questionaire surveys were statistically processed and presented in many research papers.
2. Based on UNESCO data, we analyzed foreign student's activities ( choice of host country, study fields and others ) in host countries.
3. Specifically, we conducted survey research on "placement" problem of Chinese students who graduated from Japanese universities.
4. Our surveys cover items on
1) reasons to come to Japanese universities
2) Purposes of study
3) living conditions
4) degrees of successful adjustment
5) evaluation of studying in Japan
6) necessary time span for successful adjustment
5. We studied Japanese students reaction against foreign students.
6. Putting emphasis on the processes of mutual understandings between foreign students and Japanese students, we studied qualities of interpersonal relations by foreign students, constraints for intimacy between foreign and Japanese students and general evaluation of foreign students by Japanese.
Research Output (11results)