KIMURA Takao Utsunomiya University, Fac. Engineering, Assistant, 工学部, 助手 (10114159)
TSUBOTA Motohiro Utsunomiya University, Fac. Engineering, Ass. professor, 工学部, 助教授 (10007974)
1.3-Ethyl-, 5-ethyl-, and 4- tert-butyl-12-ethylindeno[1, 2, 3- cd]pyrene are synthesized and their NMR spectra were characterized. Chemical shift of NMR spectrum of a polycondensed aromatic hydrocarbon is suggested to be estimated by the combination of chemical shift of the parent hydrocarbon and that of substituted naphthalenes.
2. Reaction of cyclopenta[cd]pyrene with electrophiles takes place a cationic polymerization giving polymer attached with electrophile. 3, 4-Dihydrocyclopentapyiene and cyclopentapyiene-3(4 H)-one gave mainly 8-, 6-, and I-substituted compounds by the electrophilic substitution ; these findings are compared with the reactivities of monosubstituted pyrenes.
3. Catalytic hydrogenation of fluorene, phenanthrene, fluoianthene, pylene, and 4H-cyclopenta[def]phenanthrene in the presence of Raney nickel were examined and discussed in terms of reactivities and of adsorption properties. For example, fluorene is poorly adsorbed on catalyst and hydrogenation of fluorene is slow in the presence of an other hydrocarbon.
4. Liquid phase for reversed phase chromatography was obtained by linking of silicagel and benzyl, cyano, or benzyloxycarbonyl group with decamethylene bridge, in order to produced high selective column for partially hydrogenated polycondensed hydrocarbons. The characterization of the column was determined in comparison with commercially-available column.
5. Telomerization of dimethyl itaconate was compared with that of methyl metacrylate. Cyclic oligomers, ones of dimeric adducts were isolated ; the formation sequence and the reactivities of these oligomers are discussed.
6. Fluorenylidene compounds could not obtained by the dehydration of 1, 4-bis(9-fluorenly)-1, 4-cyclohexanedio. Treatment of 2-(3-fluoranthenyl) cyclohexanone with PPA gave mainly intermolecular dehydration products, but not intramolecular indenofluoranthene. Synthesis of cyclohepta [l] cyclopenta [def] phenanthrene is failed at present.