Basic Research on Medical Image Communication for Radiotherapy Planning
Grant-in-Aid for General Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Osaka University|
INAMURA Kiyonari Osaka Univ., Coll. Biomed. Tech. Prof., 医療技術短期大学部, 教授 (90203207)
UMEDA Tokuo Osaka Univ. Coll. Biomed. Tech. Ass., 医療技術短期大学部, 助手 (40142319)
INAMOTO Kazuo Osaka Univ., Coll. Biomed. Tech. Prof., 医療技術短期大学部, 教授 (00068446)
|Project Period (FY)
1990 – 1991
Completed(Fiscal Year 1991)
|Budget Amount *help
¥1,900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,900,000)
Fiscal Year 1991 : ¥400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥400,000)
Fiscal Year 1990 : ¥1,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,500,000)
|Keywords||Radiotherapy / Treatment planning / Dose distribution / Image transmission / Personal computers / Image acquisition / PACS / Image storage|
1. Medical images for radioterapy planning and results of planning were transmitted and received by personal computers among following facilities, and practical application was reconfirmed. by personal computers among following facilities, and practical application was reconfirmed.
(1) Hyogo Medical University, (2) Osaka University, College of Biomedical Technology, (3) Osaka Teishin Hospital, (4) Osaka University Hospital
2. Following items were reconfirmed by above communication experiment. (1) Method of employing personal computer communication is less expensive because existed common carrier telephone lines are available.
(2) Method of employing a handy scanner for image acquisition is less expensive and easy handling. However problem of less quality of image sometimes appears.
(3) It is not necessary to purchase whole dedicated system. It is possible to use an existed personal computer and purchase additive instrument such as a MODEM and handy scanner.
(4) Keyboard handling for image t
ransmission operation is still troublesome for clinical routine, compared with that of easy handling of facsimile. Consequently, improvement of automation software is still necessary.
3. Standardization activity was extended for the purpose of getting standard file formatt and disk formatt of medical image storage and communication on a magneto-optical disk.
(1) IS&C (Image Save and Carry) Standard Specification Version 1.0 was publicized by the IS&C Committee.
(2) Demonstrations for verfying interchangeability of medical Images written on magneto-optical discs was performed at 1992 Annual Meeting of Japan Radiological Society and RSNA '92 at Chicago in 1992 December.
(3) Joint meeting between IS&C Committee and a working group of ACR-NEMA Committee was held for the purpose of establish IS&C International Standard in Feb. 1992 at Newport Beach, California.
4. Ethernet LAN was distributed to connect two engineering workstations (HP 9000/425s and Appollo DN 4000) and personal computers, and experiment of exchanging medical image among these computers were performed. Less
Research Products (27results)