Chemical and crystallographic characteristics and growth factors of calcium carbonate gallstones.
Grant-in-Aid for General Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Iwate Medical University|
SAITO Kazuyoshi Iwate Medical University, First Department of Surgery, Professor, 医学部, 教授 (90048348)
OMORI Hidetoshi Iwate Medical University, First Department of Surgery, Research Assistant, 医学部, 助手 (70213874)
NAKADATE Koichi Iwate Medical University, School of Liberal Arts and Sciences, professor, 教養部, 教授 (40048260)
|Project Period (FY)
1990 – 1991
Completed(Fiscal Year 1991)
|Budget Amount *help
¥2,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,200,000)
Fiscal Year 1991 : ¥500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥500,000)
Fiscal Year 1990 : ¥1,700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,700,000)
|Keywords||Calcium carbonate gallstone / Black stone / Pancreatic stone / Calcite / Aragonite / Vaterite / Differential Thermal Analysis / X-ray diffractometry / 泌降炭酸カルシウム / 炭酸カルシウム結晶形 / 同質多像形|
1) Crystallographic studies by Infrared-spectrophotometry and X-ray diffractometry. . .
(1) In calcium-carbonate gallstones, aragonite was most commonly found, with an occurrence rate of 90.6%, and that of calcite was 62.5%. Even vaterite was found In 28.1%. In nature, the most stable calcite is most commonly found but in our CaCo_3-Gallstone series aragonite was dominant.
(2) In black stones with liver cirrhosis, calcite was found In all cases, but stones without liver cirrhosis aragonite was found in 75%.
(3) In pancreatic stones calcite was found In 3 out of 4 cases.
2) Differential Thermal Analysis (DTA) of CaCO_3, aragonite fors. . .
Calcareous sinter completed its conversion into calcite at 500ﾟC, while In gallstones only 8% transformed into calcite, 56% at 600ﾟC and 69% even at 650ﾟC.
3) Experimental Production of CACO_3. . .
The crystalline compositions of synthesized calcium carbonate changed according to the calcium ion concentration of the mother solution. When the initial calcium ion concentration was less than 140ppm, and when no bile powder was added only aragonite was precipitated.
4) Inorganic and Organic Ion Components. . .
In calcium carbonate gallstone series, Na, K. and Mg averaged 0.66%, 0.07%, and 0.09%, respectively. Aragonite group had a tendency to be less in Mg-ion. Organic component was 17.8%.
5) It was considered that coexisting materials and environmental factors may control the crystallization, and the organic material may cause the crystallographic stability.
Research Products (16results)