Development and Utilization of Database for Training Communicative Competence of Japanese Language Learners
Grant-in-Aid for General Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||University of Tsukuba|
HORIGUCHI Sumiko University of Tsukuba Institute of Literature and Linguistics Associate Professor, 文芸言語学系, 助教授 (00052283)
|Project Period (FY)
1990 – 1992
Completed(Fiscal Year 1992)
|Budget Amount *help
¥1,700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,700,000)
Fiscal Year 1992 : ¥300,000 (Direct Cost : ¥300,000)
Fiscal Year 1991 : ¥300,000 (Direct Cost : ¥300,000)
Fiscal Year 1990 : ¥1,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,100,000)
|Keywords||Teaching Japanese / Japanese Language Learners / Communication Strategies / Contractions / Spoken Japanese / Japanese Language Textbooks / Spoken Dialects / Communicative Competence / 初級日本語教科書 / 日本語ビデオ教材 / 文型中心 / コミュニケ-ション重視 / 方言桃太郎 / 話しことば / 話し手 / 聞き手 / 省略 / 予測 / デ-タベ-ス / CAI教材|
1. Development of database
(1) Databases of spoken Japanese and an intermediate Japanese video material were developed.
(2) Databases of Japanese language textbooks, conversation between learners and learners' listening were developed.
2. Utilization of database
(1) CAI materials for the study of contractions were developed on the basis of the database described in 1-(1).
(2) Communication strategies of hearers were studied on the basis of the analysis of backchannel and prediction in listening.
(3) Japanese language learners' listening ability of voiced-unvoiced sounds and special mora of the Japanese dialects was studied.
(4) Japanese language learners' listening ability of the end of sentences in spoken dialects was studied.
(5) Studies on communication strategies are in progress on the basis of the analysis of turn-taking and hesitation.
(6) Studies on communication strategies of "aa", "ee", "maa", "iya", "dakara", "datte", "nanka", "chotto", "kedo", "-te", "-shi" and "-janai" are in progress.
(7) A study on contractions in Japanese textbooks is in progress.
Research Products (16results)