|Budget Amount *help
¥1,600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,600,000)
Fiscal Year 1991 : ¥400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥400,000)
Fiscal Year 1990 : ¥1,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,200,000)
Up to now, we had thought vergent eye movement (vergence) as main cause for stereopsis. But we found vergence can be observed after stereoscopic perception rather than when searching a corresponding point. Hereby, we guess the stereoscopic perceptional process is accomplished at first in the cerebrum and the eye movement is evoked in order to maintain the stereoscopic perception.
In this research, we performed a stereoscopic perceptual analysis by using color random-dot stereograms (RDSs).
(1) We displayed a calibrating fixed viewpoint to the subject firstly. Consequently the vergence to assist macro-fusion begins at the moment, after that we couldn't observe the vergence even if we display the several kinds of RDSs continuously. Also, the distributed area of eye viewpoints to see where on the RDS the subject gazed is small.
(2) In case the lightness of RDS's area is different from it of background area, it is possible for us to accomplish stereoscopic perception even if the hue, brightne
ss and contrast differ between the two areas a little. In case the lightness of these areas is same, it is impossible to accomplish the perception.
(3) The perception reaction time for RDS included the target of convex shape is faster than it of concave shape.
(4) The viewpoints of the subject after stereoscopic perception exist in the neiborhood of a boundary line of the target, and the eye of him is makes sure the background and the target areas.
(5) We displayed continuously four kinds of numeral RDSs and the fixed view point as noise pattern to cancel the fusion to the subject. But we could not cancel the fusion by the fixed view point, or rather seemed to assist the fusion.
(6) The distributed area of eye viewpoints is gradually reduced by displaying the same kinds of RDS repeatedly. We guess the process is accomplished by learning of the numeral shape, and hereby the eye moved into the micro-searching area in the cerebrum. Generally, we seemed when the subject gaze the RDS, he does not make to move the viewpoint as much as possible. Less